Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

Account Name Change!

BOOT_CLONE

I just linked accounts but unfortunately I couldn't use my PS4 name as my main account name and normally it wouldn't be a problem cause why don't I just edit my name and change it back... except it costs 200 Platinum to change my name. Now I don't know about you but I personally think this is too much for a name change and especially since I didn't have a choice BUT to accept the name I was already using on my pc account (That I hardly used). It may be a little bit of a nitpick but I really don't like my current name and think 200 platinum for a name change is too much. 

Oh and to further elaborate, my main account is a PS4 account under the name "Grandma_Boot", I made a pc account last year and called it "Boot_Clone". Seeing as this isn't a "Clone" anymore, I wanted to change this account back to my original name on PS4 which is again "Grandma_Boot". That's when I found out its 200 platinum to change your name.

• 2 months later...

Which bothers me the most about this is that i wrote the support regarding to that and the answer i got was "yeah we cant do anything, use the discussion board". So we're just stuck with 200p to pay for a name change, while if you play on PS or Xbox you can change your name as often as you want without having to pay 200p. How the hell is warframe thinking that 200p for just changing your name is ok, thats way too much and there would be far enough ways to limit that "everyone would change their names every 2nd day". Feels like support cant do anything and I doubt that somethings gonna change regarding the name. The minimum would be at least one free change.

• 1 month later...
On 2024-03-03 at 5:04 AM, NearTheAbyss said:

Which bothers me the most about this is that i wrote the support regarding to that and the answer i got was "yeah we cant do anything, use the discussion board". So we're just stuck with 200p to pay for a name change, while if you play on PS or Xbox you can change your name as often as you want without having to pay 200p. How the hell is warframe thinking that 200p for just changing your name is ok, thats way too much and there would be far enough ways to limit that "everyone would change their names every 2nd day". Feels like support cant do anything and I doubt that somethings gonna change regarding the name. The minimum would be at least one free change.

On Xbox it uses your Xbox account username. I had to pay $10 to Microsoft to change it. Then Warframe picks up the new one.