Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kahl of Duty - Reworking Kahl content to slightly future-proof this currently dead-end content

Redphienix

It's no secret that the charm of Kahl's weekly missions died long long ago. Even those of us who enjoyed the New War and found his gameplay charming for being so different, it has long outstayed it's welcome and has become a piece of weekly "progression" based content that many players, myself included, have placed on the chopping block.

To begin with, I do think for end-game players the netracells have been a wonderful "replacement" for Kahl's free weekly shard. I've seen differing opinions, but for myself I love having a quick 5 run mission that usually gives me 3~ shards a week (and can actually be Tau unlike Kahl). So if the intent is to "pseudo phase out" Kahl by making his content irrelevant to most players and treating it as an entry point for only the lowest of end-game player sets (Players who can't manage Archon hunts or are desperate enough for 2 shards a week), then it's fine.

No notes.

Kahl fulfills the role of "easiest" shard acquisition in the game. That's fair.

But!

If anyone on the dev team would prefer to make Kahl's content "slightly" more future proof and more palatable to more of the community and not JUST an entry point that you stop playing ASAP- then I request slightly reworking it for coop.

It's no secret that coop makes anything more entertaining- this is literally the "grind forever" video game and a ton of us enjoy it because we can do said grinds with friends.

Allowing us to coop run our Kahl of Duty weeklies would make a lot of the more tedious objectives breeze by and would make it a lot more appealing to even players who have previously placed this free-shard-method on the chopping block.

There are certainly design barriers that make this not just unlikely, but of dubious value to realign the work-hours to accomplish, I understand that and am not stating this as a necessity but as a community member who would appreciate seeing this content remaining valuable and not just a dead-end.

Things like "how do we handle ordering NPCs" supply more of a challenge than just "Slap coop in it!" but I digress. Having the ability to play this content with friends, potentially ordering our own smaller groups of NPCs on missions that require it (Murex for instance) could make the entire grind way more entertaining.

Just being able to stand in the hack circles while someone else sends NPCs to detonate walls for collectibles (Or, perhaps, giving us the ability to do that so we don't spend 50% of the mission waiting on NPCs to sit down their explosives ;) )would be an appreciated improvement.

• Like 2

I agree and I would add a fun fact. Coop functionality is already there. When Veilbreaker came out and the first Khal mission was made available week later people found a way to play in coop. 

Turns out Khal is effectively a warframe and that Khal mission is not so different from regular content. It's much more scripted in certain places, but that doesn't change much.

Proof:

So yeah, I agree. Let people play Khal mission in coop and just increase the spawns per player.

Of course there would be a hundred questions about handling stuff like challanges, deacon's, etc.

I am not sure DE will find the time to do this though.

• Like 3