The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is DE gonna handle the bloat of all the Archon Shards?

3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

And what?
Do you want a gold star or something?

Your entire point is a big complaint over nothing.

What next, are you going to complain you have too many nano spores next?
Or that you have too many mutagen samples and nothing to spend them on?

So basically you play essentially the bare minimum and go "Yep, I have too much.....it must be the same for everyone else!  I want DE to do something about this!!!!!"

And again what do you expect DE to do?
Hand you a gold star and pat your head?

For one player to claim that they have a "bloat" and that DE must handle it now because they have too much just passes on funny and lands squarely in sad.

ron burgundy GIF

Once you realize you can't actually earn Taus at a meaningful rate for the grind and the amount you need, the only path is to stop doing the missions themselves because there is no point to them at all, and then you basically won't have bloat.  You might earn 15 Tau in a year doing every mission(and probably only 6-8 crimson at best), and also non tau's have no use because of bile costs and being tied to frame instead of loadouts.  However, if you do continue to grind these awful missions for your abysmal drop rates, how will you ever reach bloat except with the regs and every single one of those is bloat. EDIT (Except maybe 2 emeralds, but that's still highly situational)

The better is question, when will you give meaningful fun content if/once the community figures out the shards missions are lame, unrewarding like most other things in the game?  And it seems like the answer is never since this shard rabbit hole, circuit, kahl is acceptable in the first place.

Maybe you could function on 15 taus a year if they had no cost at all to remove and you could swap them from your arsenal, then it's possibly closer to being worth doing, but then you have to support the horrible weekly trend, so it would have to be a lot more than borderline worth it to participate and support these missions.  And then you might have some bloat, but lets face it, even if they did add a way to craft the regulars into taus, they would be so bad that nobody would use them, like many blueprints in this game (aura forma, amber star, stance forma, exilus adapter etc).

Edited by Lord_Drod
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Malikili said:

Along with terrible odds in a new game mode 

the odds arent actually that bad unless you specifically want tauforged, which even then isn't that bad.

i did a fair bit of digging into it, simulating a thousand weeks worth of drops (split over 20 "users", so 50 weeks per user or 1 year ish), ran said simulation 20 times (for 4K users in total) and the worst RNG i managed to get was 69 shards in a year, 20% of which was tauforged.

best RNG i managed to get was 105 shards, again with around 20% of them being tauforged.

so the average long-term is 1 to 2 shards per week (statistical average of 3.6 normal and 1 tauforged shard every 3 weeks)

if you want to complain about netracell odds, melee duplicate is right there to complain about. the fastest my simulations could get a full set of 21 was 84 weeks, averaging 1 every 4 weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SDGDen said:

if you want to complain about netracell odds, melee duplicate is right there to complain about. the fastest my simulations could get a full set of 21 was 84 weeks, averaging 1 every 4 weeks. 

I've gotten one melee duplicate arcane in the two weeks I've done Netracell missions. 

4 hours ago, SDGDen said:

the odds arent actually that bad unless you specifically want tauforged, which even then isn't that bad.

i did a fair bit of digging into it, simulating a thousand weeks worth of drops (split over 20 "users", so 50 weeks per user or 1 year ish), ran said simulation 20 times (for 4K users in total) and the worst RNG i managed to get was 69 shards in a year, 20% of which was tauforged.

best RNG i managed to get was 105 shards, again with around 20% of them being tauforged.

so the average long-term is 1 to 2 shards per week (statistical average of 3.6 normal and 1 tauforged shard every 3 weeks)

Oh, was only looking at the drop tables for the post. Tauforged Shards we’re the only thing I saw. Guess I’ll reevaluate my opinion if you can get normal shards regularly. 
Barely do the new game mode because the new shard types don’t benefit Garuda at all.