Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Valis Heist Bounty Drop Rates Possibly Bugged

Tanksquid

Hello!

I think there might be something wrong with the drop rate gyromag and maybe the atmo systems when doing the three intermediary Profit Taker Orb bounties through Vox Solaris in the Orb Valis on Venus. I thought I was just having bad luck with the drops. But after running the first mission over a dozen times (36+ chances to get the drop, which is listed as common) I've got nothing and can't rank up. If the gyromag or atmo system is just very rare that's fine, but then wouldn't it be a bug that it's not listed as a gold drop?

Started looking around and I found a thread of a guy who spent 120 hours trying to get the drop and couldn't. Some people claim it's got a 25% drop rate. I know RNG is what it is and it's not impossible to simply fail a 1/4 roll over and over again. However, I think it's worth a look to make sure everything's in order and that there isn't an edge case that prevents the drop for certain accounts.

Link to the 120 hour forum post follows:

Truth be told I feel a little self-conscious posting this. But I'm just worried there's an actual problem and I'm not the only one fishing 4 manifests over and over, confused and disappointed after every rotation, wishing I could level up my Vox. Anyway, thank you for your time.

drop rate is 10% ish, if you run 10 missions you should expect to get at least 1 atmo system drops
now, i have just finished doing like 40 something back to back missions trying to get them at first i thought it was just unlucky but, considering how many people on the forums are complaining about the same thing, I'm starting to think it is bugged
warframe shouldn't be locking progression behind some RNG BS like this
it's not even a tradable item on the market (like the nechromech parts) which makes it even worse

stuff like this really frustrates me. some people might make the argument that "well you feel happy or whatever when you get it" but honestly, i don't feel excited to deal with a trash game mechanic and when i finally get the thing i just spend 5 days trying to grind for, i feel anything but happy. more depressed that i just had to spend that long to progress in a game, stuff like this makes me want to stop playing the game all together

i mean i have had repeller systems drop 4 times so far and that's supposed to be a rare drop

Edited by Quantum_rage

The entire profit taker missions (Repeller Systems drop included) need to be looked at. Its brutally unpleasant to require the constant re-running of a 2 minute mission to get a drop which is the only item locking a player out of ranking up. They (Repeller Systems) should be moved from level 5 Little Duck to level 2 so at least they can be purchased with standing.

On 2024-01-07 at 9:49 AM, Quantum_rage said:

i mean i have had repeller systems drop 4 times so far and that's supposed to be a rare drop

I am so utterly jealous and sad that you have my repeller systems. :D

FWIW I'm up to 80 gyromag in 4 hours and not a single Rare drop.

Edited by Halo_J