Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Ideas

Rhinobane

So, lets just get this out of the way now. I LIKE Valkyr. I love her idea as a frame. She's fun to use, and she's mobile. But don't let this fool you, She's in some need of tweaking. I feel like she has a lot of potential, too much potential in fact. Too much potential that isn't being used, and that's kind of upsetting. I think after the past few days or so of using her, a lot of us have already realized this. So, what to do then?

I've seen a lot of smaller suggestions as to how to fix her, but nothing really solid yet. So I thought here is where I would finally put out some of my ideas as to how to make her that bit more special. First of all, lets get out of the way her Ultimate, Hysteria. I think as of now, it is a really great ultimate, dishing out tons of damage while being invincible. The invincibility extends past just her soaking up damage, its also really nice to use to pick up allies. But if this is her ultimate, her supposed main skill, what defines her, shouldn't her skills be a bit more centered around it? This is what I propose:

===Hysteria===

Cost: 100

Effect: Causes her to go into a blind rage, destroying all that would stand in her path. She absorbs 600/1200/1800/2400 damage (boosted by Power Strength) while in this state and is immune to all CC. The skill lasts for  15/20/25/30 seconds. While starting and ending the skill, enemies within 5/5/5/5 meters of her are Feared for 1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds. She recovers 15/30/45/60% of her maximum health over the course of the skill. Her other skills gain additional effects while used in Hysteria(Maybe?). (Or instead of recovering health incrementally, give her  the ability to heal every time she kills an enemy, possibly 5% per enemy at max level. It would make her work for her recovery, but something would still need to be done about 3)

Hysteria Melee Attacks:

Regular tap - 4 punch combo, ends in a shockwave that hits enemies in an AoE in front of her.

Charge - Launches a Fist shaped Projectile wherever she is facing, traveling 10 meters and piercing through enemies. It does 100% damage to the first and 50% damage to each subsequent enemy.

Spin Attack - A spinning Hook punch that swings in a wide arc and hits enemies hard, knocking them down.

Wall attack - Same as current

Floor finisher - She punches through the enemies chest, tearing internal organs and instantly killing who she hits with it. Has a 3 second timer to avoid being spammed.

(Floor finisher is a bit OP, but I still stand by me saying that a charge attack would be nice. Killing ospreys in this form is a nightmare.)

Her Hysteria needed tweaks because from what I've seen, when activated her punches cant really propel her far enough from enemy to enemy unless she's sped up like crazy. Also, She currently has nothing to recover her meager health, and her shields certainly aren't going to help, so why not rely on her ultimate as the perfect tool? And since She's going to be in this state for probably quite a while, she cant be 100% invincible, or else she may become overpowered really fast. At least with a damage shield (that can be boosted), she isn't vulnerable, but she also isn't 100% unkillable.

I still have ideas as to what to make her other skills do while in Hysteria, but I wanted to know what feedback you all had on this idea as it was. Let me know your ideas as well. Thank you for your time.

Edited by Rhinobane

I'd actually have to disagree with you, changing her ulti to what you suggest would be too overpowered. Yes hysteria needs to be tweaked, its current damage output is a little lack luster, but that is made up for the fact she is invincible with cc immunity for the time its active.

Another valkyr thread suggested changing the 3 ability to do aoe fear or armour/damage reduction to enemies and while active melee attacks grant x amount of health/slight health regen.

I'd actually have to disagree with you, changing her ulti to what you suggest would be too overpowered. Yes hysteria needs to be tweaked, its current damage output is a little lack luster, but that is made up for the fact she is invincible with cc immunity for the time its active.

Another valkyr thread suggested changing the 3 ability to do aoe fear or armour/damage reduction to enemies and while active melee attacks grant x amount of health/slight health regen.

I initially thought about this too, however, her 2 already debuffs enemies, so why not add it to that? Additionally, the problem I stated is that while in that form, unless you constantly sprint, its difficult to catch some enemies, so health regen based on melee still would be spotty unless she was faster, or unless the melee attacks were wider.

Edit: One more thing is that if only the enemies that get hit with the 3 skill give HP back, what if allies kill them before you get a chance to get them?

Edited by Rhinobane

=====Valkyr=====

"Just my two cents."

===T3 Paralyze===
(cost: ) 25.
(animation: ) same.
(casting effect: ) same.
(effect on enemies: ) same.
(reusability: ) requires at leest 1 shield point.

Valkyr channels all of her current shields into a ?/?/?/? SWPR meter blast of rage, that deals 100/200/300/400% SWPS? of your shields as damage, healing you for 10/15/20/25% SWPS? of the damage dealt.

The target will also be staggered.

"Paralyze doesn't fit as a name, but to be honest it never did.

Requiring that you have shields prevents it from being spammed and it drains all of your already low shields.

This would allow Valkyr to regain health at the beginning, and only the beginning of a fight, thereby removing the health whittling effect without giving her a on demand-healing-in-a-scrape skill."

I initially thought about this too, however, her 2 already debuffs enemies, so why not add it to that? Additionally, the problem I stated is that while in that form, unless you constantly sprint, its difficult to catch some enemies, so health regen based on melee still would be spotty unless she was faster, or unless the melee attacks were wider.

Edit: One more thing is that if only the enemies that get hit with the 3 skill give HP back, what if allies kill them before you get a chance to get them?

I'm  using ripline to get close to enemies, seems to work in my favour.

Yeah needs to be thought out more, just suggesting cause really paralysis is rather blegh.

maybe instead they bleed a little health to valkyr, or to all surrounding tenno?

@ohmlink: Red crits in hysteria would make it op, right now I can take on lvl 40 heavies no problem. Because the ulti draws off your melee weapon (my understanding of it anyway) if you use something with higher normal damage and fast attack speed, say the orthos, you can outdo an ash or loki.

===Hysteria===

Cost: 100

Effect: Causes her to go into a blind rage, destroying all that would stand in her path. She absorbs 600/1200/1800/2400 damage (boosted by Power Strength) while in this state and is immune to all CC. The skill lasts for  15/20/25/30 seconds. While starting and ending the skill, enemies within 5/5/5/5 meters of her are Feared for 1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds. She gains 5/10/15/20% additional movement speed and recovers 15/30/45/60% of her maximum health over the course of the skill. Her other skills gain additional effects while used in Hysteria.

i like the fear, and the inmune damage, but as we can see she plays with her health and rage so why no this:

while the effect of Hysteria is active, she can't die (can recive damage but can't lose more than their 10% total health) and win a lifesteal attack, for every enemy killed she wins a 5% of her max health AND energy, it is not overpowered, is useful, and very tactic

Sry for the bad english

@Trenggiling

The idea is nice, but even so her shields are too low to do any real damage, and after that she'd be pretty vulnerable, unless the skill also gave her some real room to breath i.e. Knockback or fear. I think the thing is we cant have a skill centered around her low shields, because I mean... They're ABYSMALLY low, not just kinda low. If she has armor, maybe we should use that? Have a skill deal a % of her armor in damage around her, debuffing her armor for a while but gaining health back?

In general they need to buff her melee damage, both Loki and Ash can out damage her in melee due to how stealth attacks work. Maybe they should just make her do red crits while in hysteria?

I'm not sure red crits is the solution, only because  as Vandoore said, it might make it too powerful, even for these standards. If the boost it had on it currently worked, I think it would be alright, but according to people in other forum topics, not even the boost that is supposed to be there works currently.

I'm  using ripline to get close to enemies, seems to work in my favour.

Yeah needs to be thought out more, just suggesting cause really paralysis is rather blegh.

maybe instead they bleed a little health to valkyr, or to all surrounding tenno?

@ohmlink: Red crits in hysteria would make it op, right now I can take on lvl 40 heavies no problem. Because the ulti draws off your melee weapon (my understanding of it anyway) if you use something with higher normal damage and fast attack speed, say the orthos, you can outdo an ash or lok

I like the sound of a bleeding health to tenno. Maybe even just a taunt that would force enemies into melee range so they can be hit and health restored. I wouldn't even particularly mind the one you suggested, as long as she could get to them, or they came to her. So instead of a fear, have it taunt, and all taunted enemies restore x health to her for every melee attack. Ripline certainly does help though, but chasing enemies down, even with ripline, just wastes energy and time on her skill I feel :( Her 3 is very blah indeed, her 1 and 2 to me are fine.

i like the fear, and the inmune damage, but as we can see she plays with her health and rage so why no this:

while the effect of Hysteria is active, she can't die (can recive damage but can't lose more than their 10% total health) and win a lifesteal attack, for every enemy killed she wins a 5% of her max health AND energy, it is not overpowered, is useful, and very tactic

Sry for the bad english

I like this idea alot, rewarding her for the damage she can do to enemies. The only thing is that currently, once the skill is over she dies really fast anyway, because Armor does nearly nothing for... anybody really, especially in the higher levels, unless they buff it somehow. I still think she should get some kind of damage shield or invincibility would be nice in Hysteria, but recovering health for killing enemies is an awesome start.

Edited by Rhinobane