The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Linking your accounts will get you banned!!!

My friend linked his Xbox account to his PC account and was instantly banned!!! He was told he bought the account and now it is a permanent ban. He has purchased tons of items in the game and now because of Warframes amazing cross platform feature he has not only wasted his time and money. The only reason I am the one typing this is because he can't even post on the forums. This account of mine will most likely get banned because of the system thinking I am him trying to ban evade.

What makes matters worse is that he can't even voice his concerns on the forums because his ability to post has been stripped away. It's infuriating that a simple attempt to enhance the gaming experience through cross-platform integration has turned into a nightmare of a situation. This unjust and harsh action not only affects his enjoyment of the game but also tarnishes the trust he had in the gaming community.

I honestly CAN NOT WAIT to see how long it takes for this post to be taken down.

I can't say if this is really a bigger problem or only a problem with his account, but most of my XBox friends which are playing Warframe (around 40) migrated in December there XBox accounts with there PC accounts and none of them were banned. I also migrated in December my XBox account (main) with my PC account and had no bigger problems and issues since migrating both accounts.

The only thing I recognized is, that the MR will not be updated within the XBox Trophies anymore and stays at the MR before the migration. All other things are running for me. Some XBox friends told me that they have some missing Platinum and Items or problems with trading between clan members, but as said, no one has been banned yet.

18 hours ago, DeadlessPrime said:

My friend linked his Xbox account to his PC account and was instantly banned!!! He was told he bought the account and now it is a permanent ban. He has purchased tons of items in the game and now because of Warframes amazing cross platform feature he has not only wasted his time and money. The only reason I am the one typing this is because he can't even post on the forums. This account of mine will most likely get banned because of the system thinking I am him trying to ban evade.

What makes matters worse is that he can't even voice his concerns on the forums because his ability to post has been stripped away. It's infuriating that a simple attempt to enhance the gaming experience through cross-platform integration has turned into a nightmare of a situation. This unjust and harsh action not only affects his enjoyment of the game but also tarnishes the trust he had in the gaming community.

I honestly CAN NOT WAIT to see how long it takes for this post to be taken down.

It's a matter he needs to resolve with support.

Since support has access to the data on the accounts involved, it's possible that a mistake was made when confusing data was cross checked, i don't mean items, quests or anything like that, i mean like where the accounts come from, what purchases were made and where, are the accounts from different countries, do they have different linked accounts associated with them? Where the accounts being played at the same time in different regions of the world?

Let's be honest, if a player is playing in the US while also playing in a xbox warframe account in Spain, what do you think warframe support is going to think? That he has really long arms?

He is from Canada and both account are from the same place. Also he did contact support and that's when they told him it was permanent because he bought the account even though its his.

He would be the one on here they did not hardware ban him as well.

Edited by DeadlessPrime

I've had my Switch and PC accounts linked for a month now and I did not get banned. You won't get banned for using a feature the devs themselves have added. Literally no one got banned for it. Maybe ask your friend what really happened :)