The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transfering progression from nintendo switch to playstation

Gudilth47

Hello everyone

This post will be more of a question rather than a feedback but I want to clarify some things.

Following situation: Most of my progress is on my nintendo switch and I want to transfer this progress on my ps5.

I created a pc account because it‘s necessary to link those accounts.

I linked my switch account with my freshly created pc account.

Before I linked these accounts the switch account was set as primary.

After linking theses two the pc account is now set as primary.

When I choose my playstation   account  it says that I can merge it with my pc account.

I know I probably did a huge mistake by not reading the instructions carefully or it seems I didn’t fully grasp the situation.

I would be very thankful to those who take their time to read this post and give their answers :)

Edited by Gudilth47

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Gudilth47:

Hello everyone

This post will be more of a question rather than a feedback but I want to clarify some things.

Following situation: Most of my progress is on my nintendo switch and I want to transfer this progress on my ps5.

I created a pc account because it‘s necessary to link those accounts.

I linked my switch account with my freshly created pc account.

Before I linked these accounts the switch account was set as primary.

After linking theses two the pc account is now set as primary.

When I choose my playstation   account  it says that I can merge it with my pc account.

I know I probably did a huge mistake by not reading the instructions carefully or it seems I didn’t fully grasp the situation.

I would be very thankful to those who take their time to read this post and give their answers :)

I had the same issue yesterday. When I linked my psn5 account then I only hat the choice between pc and ps5. 

it worked for me, that I picked then PC Account als my main. 

after that I was able to play my main switch account on the ps5 

• Like 1

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Gudilth47:

So you merged your ps5 account with your pc account which has the data from the switch account? I know you said that you linked them. Correct me If I‘m wrong 

Yes. 
1. I logged in with the pc account that I created for this cross save. 
2. there I linked my Nintendo account and selected Nintendo as primary 

3. start the progress. 
4. I linked my PSN account and selected then my Pc account as my primary (since I didn’t had the choice to pick Nintendo, it was only pc or ps5)

i started then first my switch account to check and after that my account on ps5. There it asked me stop the current game to log in on ps5 (or something like that. Can’t remember the exact words 🙈

I agreed and was able to play my switch account on the PS5

• Like 1

I got some good news. It worked! 

Before merging my ps5 account with my pc account I read all infos I could gather and came to the conclusion that you were right. I merged my accounts and everything worked as I imagined. Thank you Suzukox3 for taking your time to discuss about this situation :)

Info for those who face the same problem:

Step 1: create a pc account

Step 2: link the account which you have the most progress on (in my situation it was the nintendo switch account) with the pc account

Step 3: Then select the account you want to play on (in my situation I picked the ps5 account) It asked me If I want to merge the account because I created this account before the stated date. 

Step 4: Now you successfully combined all three accounts into one :)

I hope this enlightens those who are not on sure what to do.

Edited by Gudilth47
  • Like 2

Am 18.1.2024 um 19:16 schrieb Gudilth47:

I got some good news. It worked! 

Before merging my ps5 account with my pc account I read all infos I could gather and came to the conclusion that you were right. I merged my accounts and everything worked as I imagined. Thank you Suzukox3 for taking your time to discuss about this situation :)

Info for those who face the same problem:

Step 1: create a pc account

Step 2: link the account which you have the most progress on (in my situation it was the nintendo switch account) with the pc account

Step 3: Then select the account you want to play on (in my situation I picked the ps5 account) It asked me If I want to merge the account because I created this account before the stated date. 

Step 4: Now you successfully combined all three accounts into one :)

I hope this enlightens those who are not on sure what to do.

Ah nice! I’m happy that I could give you good hint ^~^ 

Was thinking the past days about you and if you were able to link the accounts successfully :) 

let’s enjoy the game on ps5! It looks just great 😁

• Like 1