The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Step-by-Step Guide with Examples/Pictures Anywhere [SOLVED]

saunah

I understand perfectly what the Cross-Save Guide says but as usual when it comes to DE there's little room for pedagogy and a lot of room for misunderstandings. Hence I'm looking for a 100% sure fire way to proceed with. 

My issue: I have around 2500 hours spent in Warframe on my Playstation account which is Legendary 2 Rank if I remember correctly. I have since switched platforms to Xbox, on which I think I started the game once only. I also have a PC account from wayback which I didn't really spend time in but is MR7 with a few plats in it.

I seek to merge everything and have the progress, items and everything from Playstation (naturally) be the primary account. There is no option to make an account primary. The only place this can be found is in the guide. Which does a poor job of showing real examples for best accuracy. I'm in no mood for things to go like it has with some of the Tennos from the bug forum.

Do I:

1) Log on my PC account, pick the PS account to link and go from there?

2) Log on my PS account, pick the PC/Xbox account to link and go from there?

3) Any other arbitrary ill-explained combination (how you upgraded Kuva weapons comes to mind when I think of DE explanations confuse more than make things clear, so many wrong elements produced by Tennos) ?

:)

Again: I want everything merged together but the account used for progression, quests, weapons, clan dojo, yadayada should be my PS account. I plan on playing on my Xbox right now but when things become more available I will build a new PC and play there. I will never play on a Playstation again. What do?

Any help or links to guides verily appreciated,

/Regards

sauna ~ Clan leader of Kompaniet

PS. Getting back into Warframe has been an unscratchable itch for over 2 years now and getting this sorted correctly is, for me, a first important step which I reeeeally don't want to go wrong because of some "read between the lines" or "should be clear" issue. If an empty account overwrites all my hard work or some other unforeseen issue leads me to a support ticket instead of inside the game I dunno if that itch remains.

Edited by saunah

Update: I now see where Primary Account comes into play. I was being too careful and not even clicking the first account to link :).

So I am on my PC (MR7) account on Warframes official site, I go into the Cross-Save page, I pick my PS (MR31) account, get logged on, am shown a new site which account to set as Primary and pick PS as my Primary and use Merge to transfer what little I do have on the PC account that could be used (I really don't care about anything else but the PS account and everything on there. [This is where I am currently] If things go smoothly these 2 accounts are merged and the change will be made to Warframes site as well and should now indicate I am logged on there with a MR31 600 days played account instead of the previous MR7 etc? Now I can do the same thing and click my Xbox account to link and then merge with this account (which is the result of PS+PC where the PS account was used as primary. If everything goes well the end result will be that my Xbox account is also now merged into the new Primary and mean that 3 platforms have merged and thus making me eligible to use this ONE account on PC, PS or Xbox and everything will be saved and carry to the next login no matter the platform?

Sorry for the hassle but I'd rather do a ELI5 thread and everything be guaranteed to work like I am imagining it to than for it to hit a snag somewhere and resulting in me not playing at all.

/Regards

PS. My clan "Kompaniet" could be seen on the PC account as well as on my PS account, there are no risks with things becoming jumbled or misfiring when identical clans are merging, the clan on the Primary will still overwrite the other, right?

Update: I now see where Primary Account comes into play. I was being too careful and not even clicking the first account to link :).

So I am on my PC (MR7) account on Warframes official site, I go into the Cross-Save page, I pick my PS (MR31) account, get logged on, am shown a new site which account to set as Primary and pick PS as my Primary and use Merge to transfer what little I do have on the PC account that could be used (I really don't care about anything else but the PS account and everything on there. [This is where I am currently] If things go smoothly these 2 accounts are merged and the change will be made to Warframes site as well and should now indicate I am logged on there with a MR31 600 days played account instead of the previous MR7 etc? Now I can do the same thing and click my Xbox account to link and then merge with this account (which is the result of PS+PC where the PS account was used as primary. If everything goes well the end result will be that my Xbox account is also now merged into the new Primary and mean that 3 platforms have merged and thus making me eligible to use this ONE account on PC, PS or Xbox and everything will be saved and carry to the next login no matter the platform?

Sorry for the hassle but I'd rather do a ELI5 thread and everything be guaranteed to work like I am imagining it to than for it to hit a snag somewhere and resulting in me not playing at all.

/Regards

PS. My clan "Kompaniet" could be seen on the PC account as well as on my PS account, there are no risks with things becoming jumbled or misfiring when identical clans are merging, the clan on the Primary will still overwrite the other, right?

error.svg

SORRY! An error has occurred. Please try again or contact support for assistance. Error code #500.

I took the plunge and tried to merge PC with PS and make PS Primary. Then this ^.

Tried to find out what code 500 means but couldn't find it.

Anyone know?

I chilled for a few hours and tried again and then it worked. First I merged the PS account with the most (if not all) of the stuff in the world * 10 :). Jeepers it was stacked. And after that I tried linking my Xbox account (I thought I had one but I had to log on the Xbox, start a new frame, play tutorial, go back out and try to link Xbox account into the Primary Merged OLne from earlier. Success.

It took a few log ons before everything switched to the correct stuff, wearframe, orbiter, stuff.

So now all accounts are under this main one.

Somehow I am now Bastu on the Primary account with all the progression. And "saunah" on the acct page and here.

My nick since 1993 is "sauna" which every finn steals from me every chance they get. PRKL! Why was the Xbox profile name the ONLY things that persisted? do I have to log on a new XB profile? 

Oh well, not expecting any replies. But thought I should just post the whole time lapse of events so it may help someone else, perhaps :).

AAAAAAAHHH PS didn't even have KBM settings when I played last....this is gonna be soooo sweeeeeet!