Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Fissure Reactant needs to either be reworked or completely removed from the game.

Alphas

The Void Key rework from ages ago was a massive success in many ways, but needing Reactant has always been a pain point especially for Endless missions like Defense, Interception, and Excavation. 

Exterminate was already addressed by cranking the Reactant drop rate through the roof so the system might as well not even exist.  I understand that it's to stop players from AFKing in Fissure missions, but there needs to be a middle groundEither we have Reactant as a measure to make people participate or it just gets removed entirely so we don't have entire squads ending an Interception round with nobody getting to open their Relic.

Personally I'm all for completely removing Reactant.  The game has changed so much from what it was when Void Keys were removed.  We're past the era of Gears of Warframe and we've been diving head-first into Dynasty Warframe for a few years now.  Even if you wanted players to be participating in missions it's basically impossible to do so because almost every time one or two people have map-wide nuke abilities or AOE weapons that slaughter rooms of enemies before anyone else can touch them.

• Like 2

For different reason, but I agree. I think it's a poor idea to rework mission parameters in any game around the bad actions of certain players, rather than addressing those actions directly, especially when those changes are only to certain missions (like relics) rather then the game as a whole. They shouldn't punish the active players on order to curtail the actions of the bad ones, and by punishing, I mean I will have missions where I had to stay way longer than I should have just to get the 10 reactant if I get them at all (I avoid fissure defense now because of the number of times I ended the 5th wave with 9/10)

And don't even get me started on the @#%*! "Change of plans, eliminate everything" BS.

The removal of reactant would also put quite a dent in the "last gen console host" hate a portion of the community gleefully join in, as the biggest negative impact say a switch host could do is causing spawns to be so low that reactant becomes nearly impossible to gather in endless modes.

I say this with full sincerity to the devs, "Why?"

Why is a combination of systems intended to allow the game to play properly on supposedly supported hardware also punishing those players and any who stumble into their hosted lobby? It breeds unwarranted disdain- removing reactant as a mechanic would outright kill that growing rift and people can go back to, I don't know, complaining that it's not as engaging with lesser spawn rates- instead of actively less playable as it currently is.

To say it more concisely:

Yes, a hundred times yes, reactant is outdated as all heck, the implication that it exists in 2024 to prevent AFK players ignores so much of the reality of the situation that it's wild.

People who truly AFK don't get rewards to begin with. And people who are just standing around picking up reactant and for all 'real' measures are AFK usually get rewarded or punished based on the impact they have to their team: IE: If they are annoyingly AFK then people leave, simple as that, and if they are participating but struggling to pull their weight in the face of ability spam then people don't really mind and that's fine.

The community already handles "AFK" players well enough, and the random groups abusing it to crack relics aren't a real problem, especially when "true AFK" is already barred from accepting rewards so the random groups of 1 nuker and 3 people moving their mouse around every 30 seconds are, for all intents and purposes, "playing the game" even if it's a lame way to play, so like, who care.

Remove reactant. You should be rewarded for completing the mission/rotation.

I just came to post about this because I watched a mirage use her minefield to end a lith defense before any players, including herself, could get enough reactant to open a relic. Not sure if it was on purpose or not, but reactant is the real problem.