About trading in a Switch account.

Dual_Fox

Hello!
I am currently playing Warframe on Switch.
I've just received the cross-platform save, and the official notification states that "Switch accounts cannot trade with other platforms using platinum".
Does this mean that if I make my Switch account my primary account, I will not be able to trade with other platform accounts using platinum at all?
Or does it mean that when I play Warframe on Switch, I can't trade using platinum with other platforms, but I can trade using platinum on other platforms even if my Switch account has a primary account?

I am Japanese, so the English text may be a little difficult to read, but I would appreciate it if someone could answer my question.

Switch players can trade platinum with other Switch players. 

Switch players cannot trade platinum with PC, Playstation or Xbox players. 

If you buy platinum on your Switch, it will stay seperated from what platinum you buy when playing on PC/Xbox/Playstation.

So if you login on PC, you will have a different platinum amount you can trade with Playstation and Xbox. 

10 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

Switch players can trade platinum with other Switch players. 

Switch players cannot trade platinum with PC, Playstation or Xbox players. 

If you buy platinum on your Switch, it will stay seperated from what platinum you buy when playing on PC/Xbox/Playstation.

So if you login on PC, you will have a different platinum amount you can trade with Playstation and Xbox. 

I see.

I am relieved to hear that you are correct in my perception of platinum storage. Thank you.
My main question is whether a cross-save account with a Switch account as primary can still trade platinum with other consoles if I play on PC/Xbox/Playstation.
The official text said "Note that you cannot trade Platinum between Nintendo Switch and other Platforms."
I assume this refers to "when playing Warframe on Switch" and not "when I have Switch as my primary account", is that correct? I would like to be sure.

1 hour ago, Dual_Fox said:

I see.

I am relieved to hear that you are correct in my perception of platinum storage. Thank you.
My main question is whether a cross-save account with a Switch account as primary can still trade platinum with other consoles if I play on PC/Xbox/Playstation.
The official text said "Note that you cannot trade Platinum between Nintendo Switch and other Platforms."
I assume this refers to "when playing Warframe on Switch" and not "when I have Switch as my primary account", is that correct? I would like to be sure.

Slight correction, you can’t trade platinum with all other platforms INCLUDING switch players with cross save enabled. 
Not sure if it’s a bug or legal issue, but you can only trade with other die hard switch players when it comes to platinum. 

No sadly, even with cross save you still won’t be able to trade plat with other platforms, along with players who are only on switch and don’t have cross save enabled. 

when playing Warframe on Switch" and not "when I have Switch as my primary account

Yep, it’s when playing on switch. I have my switch account as my primary and it functions completely fine. The restrictions only apply when you’re actually playing on switch