Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forums 2FA Tennoguard

Red6Star

I'm a returning veteran player and I've just switched platforms to play on PS5 with the Cross-Save update. I don't even want to call myself that anymore when there's been a bunch of new stuff going on and I'm excited for that! Concerning the main topic, I've come to the realization that 2FA is not required neither for trading nor for logging into the game if I already enabled 2FA from my Sony account but I've forgotten if there was actually 2FA implemented when accessing the forums and main Warframe website or not. I've been able to connect to my account on the forums immediately from different devices on different IPs and that doesn't really scream high security especially when there After going through Reddit threads, I've noticed that the forums account and the actual Warframe account are two separate entities therefore they don't benefit from the same 2FA, if there was even one for the forums. 
What I'm genuinely asking is ; Is there actually 2FA for the forums, and if so how do I activate it? If there isn't, how do I ensure my account is secured and protected? I already activated 2FA from account settings on the website but I think that concerns logging into the game using email verification and not the forums. Worth to note that if there was some sort of 2FA that is linked to a third-party authenticator then I might have lost it due to changing phones.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

The forums do have a built in security system (if you can call it that)

It’ll log you off of every device in like 2-4 days after sign in. It’s consistent, and quite annoying. DE doesn’t own the forums, so they can’t alter it

Long story short, there is some kind of “security” but there’s no 2FA in the forums. 

• Like 2

Alright, thanks for the reply. So, now there is some sort of security method implemented after the account is logged in like you mentioned but there’s no such thing going on exactly the moment you log in, is that right?

1 hour ago, Red6Star said:

Alright, thanks for the reply. So, now there is some sort of security method implemented after the account is logged in like you mentioned but there’s no such thing going on exactly the moment you log in, is that right?

Correct 👍