Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Standardize Bleedout Duration - Oberon's Renewal and Undying Will

Enderluck

Both Renewal and Undying Will increase the bleedout duration. However, instead of directly increasing it, they reduce the bleedout, which means that players need to make some math to understand the real effect.

A max level Undying Will reduces the bleedout by 42%. However, the real effect increases the bleedout duration by 72%. The formula is 20s / (1 - 42%) = 34.48s new duration (which is 72% more than the original duration).
The same effect happens with Renewal, with the extra exception that it is capped at 90% reduction (+1000% increase).

What do I suggest?
Change the "(x) bleedout reduction" to "(+x) bleadout duration".

Undying Will would now be "+12|24|36|48|60|72% Bleedout Duration". I know that it would give a bit more than previously before it reaches the maximum level, but I don't think that it would be a problem.
Renewal would now increase the Bleedout Duration by 25|33|50|80%. I know that it is a bit nerfed, especially when you increase Ability Duration (at 200%, it would be +160%  instead of +1000% as before), but it would be easier to understand. If you want to still get the ridiculous high benefits of a higher Ability duration, the Bleedout Duration increase could be affected by the square of Ability Duration. At 200% Ability Duration, it would be 320% which is still less than +1000% (from the 90% reduction) but better than the +160%.

• Like 2