The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Switch to PC merge issues

So I made the mistake of cross saving my Switch account into a brand new PC account, despite the fact that I don't own a PC. Now I am unable to trade platinum with players on other devices and trading with Switch players is scarce. How do I deactivate cross save so that I can trade normally with other Switch players?

On 2024-01-27 at 3:19 PM, FortressWolf said:

So I made the mistake of cross saving my Switch account into a brand new PC account, despite the fact that I don't own a PC. Now I am unable to trade platinum with players on other devices and trading with Switch players is scarce. How do I deactivate cross save so that I can trade normally with other Switch players?

Unfortunately, Nintendo Switch platinum is locked to the Switch, and cannot be cross traded. If you are on a Switch, cross save or not, you can only trade with other people currently using a Switch. However, you should still be able to trade with other switch players if you are using a switch.

On 2024-01-27 at 2:19 PM, FortressWolf said:

You have to contact support to undo an account link/merge but you will lose all progress after the point before your link. there is no "turning it off", you have to be reverted to your account state before you linked.

So this is entirely up to you, but if that's a problem, if you don't have a lot of switch-based platinum, and unless you need to trade now I would just wait. Right now you can only trade platinum with Switch players who have enabled cross save, which is a very tiny pool, as you say. But the Switch market is pretty bad in general, and over time more switch players will likely enable cross save for various reasons. You could try trading items instead of platinum with players on other platforms if you can find people interested until then, or we hear more from DE as to how they are going to handle this fiasco long term.

In a pinch, assuming you have a phone or tablet you could use GeForce now to play the PC version of your account when you need to trade for plat (you'd have to buy some plat from warframe.com if you don't have the means to make some though), or you can wait for the release of the mobile version of the game to be able to link and trade on that version (same problem as you'd need non-switch platinum - but, if more people give up on the switch market and do that, maybe nintendo will stop insisting on restricting it and forcing players to leave their platform).

Whatever you chose, good luck. This whole situation is a mess for Switch users. More than players realized.