Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lith/Meso Survival/Defense Void Fissures Are Not Dropping Enough Reactant Before Time Expiration.

__Kanade__

Lately, Lith and Meso Void Fissures for Survival and Defense and occasionally Exterminate are not dropping enough Reactant within the allotted time due to the lower enemy count. Most of the Survivals have seen the whole team running around the map for upwards of 2 min before a group of enemies spawn. In Defense, Reactant will not start dropping until Wave 2 and that's already pushing it when the lower level Defense missions have sparce enemies spawning per wave.

I've been finishing Lith/Meso Survivals and Defense with an average of 8 Reactant more often than I have all 10.

While it's appreciated that we don't lose the relic if we didn't collect all 10 Reactant, it's still just wastes time and kills the need to stay for another 5 min/waves.

Edited by __Kanade__
  • Like 2

The reactants mechanism works like this:

1) it adds a few corrupted units and it "corrupts" nearby enemies (turn them into corrupted)

2) every n:th corrupted unit killed drops a reactant

3) the "corruption" seems to select one player and follow that player around

So what you SHOULDN'T do is:

- Kill off all the normal enemies BEFORE they can turn into corrupted (doing so will result in a lot LESS reactants, as dead enemies cannot turn into corrupted enemies, that drop reactants...)

- Spread out all over the map (which will both affect enemy spawns AND where the next n:th reactant will drop AND the "corruption" will move "away" with one of the players)

What you SHOULD do is:

- The whole squad should stop and fight together in a spot with lots of enemies spawning in

- WAIT for the enemies to become corrupted before killing them (killing them off before is so "#¤¤#"! dumb it borders on "imbecile"/"idiot"-classification)

What this translates to is:

- Some missions work better than others (for PUGs), simply because they have built-in "fight together points" that are also "enemy magnets" (like "mob def"). Most "everyone runs the same way" will also work fine, unless someone speeds through the map too fast (a "thing" now with Gauss Prime being prevalent in missions). Some are inherently worse, since the mission type either spreads the players all over the map (like "spy") or allows them to go wandering off (on their private missions from god or whatever, missions in the Void are "the worst" since players will run around looking for Argon Crystals). And waves-based missions are most susceptible to the "kill everything too quickly"-neurosis.

- One "I NEED TO HAVE MOST KILLS"-idiot or "I CAN KILL EVERYTHING ON THE MAP IMMEDIATELY"-imbecile on the squad can f*ck it up for everyone (by killing all normal enemies before they can become corrupted)

- when you play with experienced high-MR players everyone has 10 reactants (or a lot more than mathematically necessary if the enemies spawn in waves) within a few minutes, because they actually KNOW how the mission works...

Finally, the drop rate of reactants is "fixed" and cannot be increased by farming enhancements (warframe abilities and boosters). And the above is not the whole truth (but quite enough of it to make everything work). As irritating as it can be playing with clueless "ooh, SEE my PUWWER"-Tenno wannabes, I still like that DE has these "punish idiots"-mechanisms in the game. For me it harkens back to older games, where "holding a players hand and making sure that the gaming experience feels positive" was not on the table (or even on the map, or part of the universe).

Edited by Graavarg
some typos