The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

all sorts of matchmaking and squad invite issues

I linked my PC account to my PS5 account on the first day or so of the most recent availability as of writing this, and ever since, matchmaking has been borderline nonfunctional.

- At first, i couldn't invite my brother (playing from a different PC in the same house as i am) to my squad, because it refused to show either of us as online, including both of my accounts. He's since enabled cross save on his account, and it's still about as fickle as a phone charger with an exposed wire.

- Trading with other players is an abject mess, with an invite to my squad (while i'm in my dojo) resulting in them being sent to an entirely different instance where there were no clan memebers present, kicking them out immediately. there's a similar issue with relays, as well. might be because my clan started on PS5, but the issue persists on both PC and PS5. seems to work fine after finagling with entering someone else's dojo, if none of the other issues crop up in between invite attempts.

- frequently fails to join friends' sessions; my friend who made an account after the cut-off date making their account a de facto cross-save one will frequently appear as offline, or on the few occasions that he doesn't, invites and using the /join command will result in an error saying he's either not in a joinable squad or that he's offline altogether.

- I have my matchmaking ping limit set to 100, in the effort that it forces me to host most online squads i run, but even yet, i keep getting thrown into lobbies with ping so high i have to wait 3 seconds for vosphene glyphs in Munio (deimos mirror defense) to be picked up, or just for damage numbers in general. might be a quirk of how the Sanctum Anatomica/Zariman bounties work without regarding ping specifications, but i don't know enough about game design to know. 

- there's a more-often-than-not chance that if i try to use online matchmaking, either it goes to me hosting and nobody joining, i join other players and get a "host migration" error just as loading would start, or i get a (probably) false "host migration" error in loading screens or even after i've loaded in when i'm the one hosting a lobby.

all of these issues have only popped up after i linked my PC and PS5 accounts, so i'm certain they're all relevant here.