The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Account

Osiris876

On 2024-01-30 at 2:04 PM, (NSW)Osiris876 said:

Are we able to change our primary account type after enabling cross-save?

Once you successfully cross save, your 'primary' account is your cross save account. Everything is saved in ONE account across all platforms you enabled. For example, my account, which is cross saved, works exactly the same on PC as it does on Switch. I can do hours of grinding, log out on PC, and get on my switch without losing anything. So in simpler forms, your cross save account is simply your account, with nothing primary about it. It just exists exactly the same on all platforms you enabled with very few minor differences (IE Switch platinum is locked on switch)

• Like 1

On 2024-01-30 at 1:04 PM, (NSW)Osiris876 said:

Are we able to change our primary account type after enabling cross-save?

On 2024-02-02 at 7:24 AM, Nimisha_Prime said:

Once you successfully cross save, your 'primary' account is your cross save account. Everything is saved in ONE account across all platforms you enabled. 

Importantly for trade, after you link/merge, your account is a PC account, even if you don't play on PC. This is why trade is limited to only other cross save or PC players (which creates a really unfortunate situation for Switch players since they can only trade platinum with switch players that have turned on cross save - and visa versa for non cross save players, dividing the small switch market even further).

If this isn't a big deal for you, I highly recommend making the jump though, cause being able to play the same account on other platforms that look WAY better, while still being able to use the switch on the go or relaxing on the couch/in bed is awesome :)

Edited by devoltar
  • Like 2