The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't you merge accounts created after the 24th of November?

beasuco

So, I was trying to merge my newly made account today, but unfortunately for me, I made it a few days after 24th of November. Now, I can only link (aka lose all my items on my console account). Honestly, this is so damn unfair and should be fixed. I'm no game developer, but I understand that this game has undergone a whole lot of changes throughout the long time it's been around, which makes it hard to do changes like this. You may have some sort of limitation because your code is ancient, or because merging to accounts isn't so easy of a process at all, which is pretty fair. But if you were going to make it half-ass, may as well not do it. May as well take your time to actually make a solid feature that works perfectly. I'm saying this assuming that they don't have any intentions to make it available for accounts created after the cutoff. If so, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined, I hope this changes in the future.

• Like 1

Well my question here is... how much progress did you make after such a short time? For me, I made my account a few days after the cut off, and only did the first part of Vor's Prize to ensure my computer was capable of handling warframe and doing some other compatibility testing. Once I finished that, I didn't play the PC version I had just made, and continued using my Switch until December, when I was able to cross save. For me, because I had years of progress on Switch and a fresh PC account with no progress, it was incredibly easy to just make my Switch account the primary, and link the PC account to it making it cross save. This could go for any platform as well. So if you have years of PC progress and want to move to Xbox, and made an Xbox account after the cutoff, just make the PC primary and link the new Xbox account.

"Now, I can only link (aka lose all my items on my console account)" <- if your PC account was made after the cut off, and all your progress is on console, simply make the CONSOLE account the primary, and it will overwrite the brand new PC account, letting you play on PC but keep the console progess.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-30 at 6:38 PM, beasuco said:

So, I was trying to merge my newly made account today, but unfortunately for me, I made it a few days after 24th of November. Now, I can only link (aka lose all my items on my console account). Honestly, this is so damn unfair and should be fixed. I'm no game developer, but I understand that this game has undergone a whole lot of changes throughout the long time it's been around, which makes it hard to do changes like this. You may have some sort of limitation because your code is ancient, or because merging to accounts isn't so easy of a process at all, which is pretty fair. But if you were going to make it half-ass, may as well not do it. May as well take your time to actually make a solid feature that works perfectly. I'm saying this assuming that they don't have any intentions to make it available for accounts created after the cutoff. If so, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined, I hope this changes in the future.

Because that was the date they announced the plan, and because merge is intended to only be a limited time option for existing players of multiple platforms. If they hadn't put that cutoff at the announcement, players could have created multiple accounts and used that as a way to cheese the market - merging accounts gives you "free" slots, gear, and starter plat from anything you've done so far on other platforms, and also allowed tennogen purchased with platinum on console prior to the cutoff to be used on PC. Thus the date so people couldn't immediately exploit that.

Merging is not going to be the standard going forward. They've been very clear it's a limited offer. Linking will be the norm and you will have to pick one account (if you want to play your console account on PC but not overwrite an existing PC account, you can create a new warframe.com account with a different e-mail address to act as a dummy account to link to)

• 2 weeks later...

I started a PSN account late December, not knowing about the merge/cross save until after I had already played over 80 hours on PSN. Wish I could merge my old PC account, which I can't play on because my PC died a few years ago, have old vaulted frames, weapons, and plat on that account that support told me I can't merge or trade to my PSN account because it's a bannable offense. I spend money on this game, then threatened with a ban! I don't suggest spending money on this game, they are predatory and will screw you over.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2024-02-02 at 3:18 PM, Nimisha_Prime said:

Well my question here is... how much progress did you make after such a short time? For me, I made my account a few days after the cut off, and only did the first part of Vor's Prize to ensure my computer was capable of handling warframe and doing some other compatibility testing. Once I finished that, I didn't play the PC version I had just made, and continued using my Switch until December, when I was able to cross save. For me, because I had years of progress on Switch and a fresh PC account with no progress, it was incredibly easy to just make my Switch account the primary, and link the PC account to it making it cross save. This could go for any platform as well. So if you have years of PC progress and want to move to Xbox, and made an Xbox account after the cutoff, just make the PC primary and link the new Xbox account.

"Now, I can only link (aka lose all my items on my console account)" <- if your PC account was made after the cut off, and all your progress is on console, simply make the CONSOLE account the primary, and it will overwrite the brand new PC account, letting you play on PC but keep the console progess.

Problem is that in both accounts I have pretty good progress, when I started my PC account I gave up on my PS one because my console messed up. So what I did was speed running the game like crazy, farming like 4 primed frames in a whole month which as you may understand is already an important progress I don't really want to lose... On the other hand my older account I has a few frames that are not obtainable atm that are also already built mod wise and formaed (As well as my favorites because back then I didnt really care nor knew what the meta was and just went with the ones that felt cooler to me) I wasn't aware of Warframe news because I didn't have anything to play it with. Once I built a decent PC I made the account with no knowledge about any of this, was already mr 10-12 by when I did. Bad luck ig

On 2024-02-03 at 4:14 PM, devoltar said:

Because that was the date they announced the plan, and because merge is intended to only be a limited time option for existing players of multiple platforms. If they hadn't put that cutoff at the announcement, players could have created multiple accounts and used that as a way to cheese the market - merging accounts gives you "free" slots, gear, and starter plat from anything you've done so far on other platforms, and also allowed tennogen purchased with platinum on console prior to the cutoff to be used on PC. Thus the date so people couldn't immediately exploit that.

Merging is not going to be the standard going forward. They've been very clear it's a limited offer. Linking will be the norm and you will have to pick one account (if you want to play your console account on PC but not overwrite an existing PC account, you can create a new warframe.com account with a different e-mail address to act as a dummy account to link to)

I don't know. It's a one time thing and they can go through the necessary hassle of nerfing it in various ways so it's not as exploitable, but yeah it inherently is and the game needs to undergo a lot for that to work out without losses, As for tennogen, it shouldn't work the way it does. Simply make your own system instead of using one that's tied to a third party. As I said before they should have taken their time instead of throwing whatever knowing how differently the game is in other platforms, limitations and problems always exist, fix them as the professional game developers you all are jeez.