The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen lockout/purchase situation is going to need a revisit.

devoltar

This is purely feedback, I'm not trying to raise a fuss and it's not game breaking, but the more I play with cross save, the more concern I have for the impact of cross save on TennoGen creators. 

I did not enable cross save for the sake of switching platforms. I enabled it so I could play on whatever platform I want, whenever I want, using the same account. My main place to play is still my Xbox, but I like being able to play a few matches at lunch time on a mobile PC (The most obvious being the steam deck but it and competitors are exploding in use - I have a GPD Win 4 and I am LOVING it for mobile Warframe), or even on my laptop using GeForce Now when I travel if the internet is good enough. I also added my Switch account... just because... options. I'm sure I'll link up the mobile version too whenever it comes out, just to experiment. ;)

I love that I've been able to bring over all my existing TennoGen and it works everywhere, but the current setup makes for a big problem whenever I look at new skins. I find I'm actively avoiding looking at TennoGen, because to use it I would have to buy it twice.  

I get it, you don't really want more people having the option to buy TennoGen with plat, but it's been like that for years on three platforms, and unless I'm missing something it hasn't been the end of the world. I'm pretty sure most players will still buy on their home platform. Maybe have a heavily discounted way to unlock TennoGen on a second platform if you've already purchased it on one. But if it is left as is (especially if it resets your configuration to the default skin like some people have been saying), creators are going to start losing sales from players who actually care about using cross save for what it's intended for.  I feel like there has to be a better compromise there.