The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I discover Grineer lore?

First, you need to keep tour expectations of what you'll get in check - warframe is of the "hint, don't tell" school of lore exposition, so you're going to get bits and pieces, and not a full history.

There are several sources of Grineer lore in the game. The major ones I can think of are:

a) Cephanlon Fragments - some of the fragment descriptions, once fully unlocked, describe details about the Grineer

b) Ghoul fragments (from Ghoul purge events) - Specifically about the ghouls, but they are a Grineer creation

c) Simaris' community targets - completing these will give little lore pieces, several about the Grineer

d) Kuria - scanning Kuria unlocks a poem, which has some Grineer lore

e) Quests - several quests give more context and history to the Grineer

f) General codex scans - some of the Codex entries for specific units gives some additional information about the Grinneer, although most are pretty generic

g) NPC dialog - You can get bits of dialog about the Grineer from Steel Meridan Railjack Crewman, there are a couple of interesting lines from some of the bosses, etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drnlmza said:

First, you need to keep tour expectations of what you'll get in check - warframe is of the "hint, don't tell" school of lore exposition, so you're going to get bits and pieces, and not a full history.

There are several sources of Grineer lore in the game. The major ones I can think of are:

a) Cephanlon Fragments - some of the fragment descriptions, once fully unlocked, describe details about the Grineer

b) Ghoul fragments (from Ghoul purge events) - Specifically about the ghouls, but they are a Grineer creation

c) Simaris' community targets - completing these will give little lore pieces, several about the Grineer

f) General codex scans - some of the Codex entries for specific units gives some additional information about the Grinneer, although most are pretty generic

g) NPC dialog - You can get bits of dialog about the Grineer from Steel Meridan Railjack Crewman, there are a couple of interesting lines from some of the bosses, etc.

Ok, thanks for answering my question.

3 hours ago, drnlmza said:

True true, you can also get some other Grinner lore from the War Within (with the Queens) and Kuva Siphon missions. 

On 2024-02-08 at 1:44 AM, you-are-finally_awake173 said:

Hello, so I want to know where the Grineer come from and some other stuff about them. How do I get that information in-game?

use the wiki, it's more stable.

• Like 1