The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anecdotal Merging Experience - Positive

Lokishadow

TL;DR: I started on PC, left for a few years, went to PS4, sunk a lot of time in, then left for 3 years or so, came back on PC, merged my accounts making the PC primary (even though it had less overall progress), and it worked out fine.  I have no complaints. Some of my weapons and warframes got de-ranked, but that's just annoying, not a calamity.

DEETS:

I made a PC account in the closed beta, and left after getting soft locked in the Archwing quest. 

A few years later, I created an account on PS4 and sunk over 5,000 hours into the game.  I stopped playing before Empyrean launched.

I logged into my PC account again in the latter half of 2023, and heard about the upcoming account merge.  This was great for me, I couldn't wait to get my full stable of Primes and whatnot back.  But I learned my lesson from the Railjack launch: never be an early adopter.  So I waited until after the holidays, and checked to see what some people's experiences were like. 

In the mean time, I'd been playing the new content after speedrunning the Second Dream and War Within to get my star chart cleared.  I even went through New War and Whispers in the Wall. 

So when it came time to merge accounts, I didn't want to lose all that progress, my access to Steel Path, and my Zariman and Entrati standing, so I made my PC account, the one with less than 700 hours (at the time), my primary.

All of my gear, color palettes, weapons, amps, warframes, platinum, and other currencies carried over.  What I wasn't expecting was the Affinity.  I merged accounts and was instantly qualified for the next MR test.  After passing it, I was instantly qualified for the next one, and the next, and so on.  Apparently the affinity is tied to the weapons and other gear, and I'm definitely not complaining because I can skip all that grind I already did, plus I have an arsenal of weapons on which I can put Incarnon adapters.  And with this gear set, it won't be a huge chore to go get max standing with the Quills or Vox Solaris a second time. 

The only oddity I encountered was a few of my weapons getting de-ranked to rank 14.  That's not a huge issue, and I'm going to be running ESO anyway to get my focus back up and maybe finally get a Lato Vandal.  I did leave one untouched, if DE reads this and wants to check it out, it's the Rakta Cernos, and I have no plans to do anything with it any time soon.

Fun note: my PC account still had a rainbow Penta build for T4 Defense farming and Dual Zoren for Zorencoptering.

I won't be following this, it's just my experience of account merging.

my experience was rather simple luckly... i had a PS4 birthed account that was the only place i ever played.. i got a new pc a few years ago and have been playing games on it pretty exclusively.. wanted to play warframe on it but didnt want to start over from scratch. so ultimately i just waited and when the one day in December where anyone could enable it came around i enabled it.. i saw no realy losses, and was rather entertained to the fact that opening it for the first time on PC didnt just preserve the last warframe i was in, but even my previous simulacrum settings. 

so ya, i do think for the majority that just ever had one account and played on that one enabling Cross Save is effectively a lossless situation... at least once Everyone is on Cross Save... the inability to trade to your previous system with your new, Technically PC account is rather unfortunate.. but DE is know for these kind of stumbling baby steps..