The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It is insane how poorly all the mechanics surrounding cross save work.

MrDugan

From other people having issues and bugs, to the throttling that's happening on load speed because of cross-play, or just others having trouble navigating through account link vs account merge, this is extremely sloppy.

But the one that is personally affecting me, and irritating me to no end is how poorly all of this works on your website.

My main account is my Xbox account.  That's the Primary.  I do not care about playing on PC, and the only reason I even signed up for a PC account to link with my primary is because of how badly cross-trade was botched, where I couldn't even trade with many people on my platform anymore, and certainly couldn't trade with friends I've made from other platforms.  So I signed up and linked my accounts, and now you're treating my PC account like it's the only one that matters for the purposes of using the forums.  I go to login on the main site, I hit the xbox button, which has completely different credentials than my PC account because I'm not an idiot, and it should sign me in to my xbox account.  But nope.  Just like it's RNG on if it even keeps me logged in, it's RNG on if it picks my Xbox account over PC, and it's heavily weighted to pick my PC account, which is why I'm typing this out on what looks like a brand new forum account.  Despite not using the credentials for my PC account (and they're not even saved in the browser.) it refuses to log me in to my xbox account because you seemingly think PC is just more important.  Even the few times it will actually roll my Xbox account on the main site, there's a really solid chance that it will sign me in to the forums as my PC account anyway, because of course a company like DE wouldn't be able to resist having layered RNG even in their forums.  

This is absurd.  And if someone was purposefully logging in to a separate account for the purpose of ban evasion, you'd probably drop a brick over it.  But let your sloppy site design do it to your users so that they have a layered RNG nightmare to go through just to login and you leave it like this.

• Like 4

When my Xbox account is the primary account, and I log in with credentials that only match my Xbox account and use the Xbox login button, WHY WOULD IT LOG ME INTO PC?  EVER?  I do not ever want to be logged in to this account.  This account is a bandaid for DE's bad cross save mechanics.  It makes zero sense that it would ever pick this stupid account when I log in to my primary with credentials that only match my primary.  This is the most basic level stuff and they've botched it horribly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrDugan said:

When my Xbox account is the primary account, and I log in with credentials that only match my Xbox account and use the Xbox login button, WHY WOULD IT LOG ME INTO PC?  EVER?  I do not ever want to be logged in to this account.  This account is a bandaid for DE's bad cross save mechanics.  It makes zero sense that it would ever pick this stupid account when I log in to my primary with credentials that only match my primary.  This is the most basic level stuff and they've botched it horribly.

All cross save accounts are "PC Accounts', the problem is they've done a very poor job of communicating that. When you join cross save, your account is moved into the PC database, and that's where it lives, regardless of where you play. This is also the reason trade is restricted to the pool of PC and other cross save account players - they are all in the same database and separate from pure console users. There may be a plan to eventually drop the PC account moniker and just treat it as your "Warframe.com account" (they should have already), especially if they eventually move all players into the same database, but for now it is extremely confusing and frustrating the DE hasn't done anything to help players understand what's going on.

Just like it's RNG on if it even keeps me logged in, it's RNG on if it picks my Xbox account over PC, and it's heavily weighted to pick my PC account, which is why I'm typing this out on what looks like a brand new forum account.

Edit: oh, and this part I think is just some weirdness with cookies that depending where you log in sometimes it will authenticate to your console account. If you clear them you should consistently end up on your "PC account" - on the forum side they just didn't account for this migration at all it seems so yes, you lose access to your prior account (which is only truly an issue for people with special access like the design forum).

Edited by devoltar
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, devoltar said:

All cross save accounts are "PC Accounts', the problem is they've done a very poor job of communicating that. When you join cross save, your account is moved into the PC database, and that's where it lives, regardless of where you play. This is also the reason trade is restricted to the pool of PC and other cross save account players - they are all in the same database and separate from pure console users. There may be a plan to eventually drop the PC account moniker and just treat it as your "Warframe.com account" (they should have already), especially if they eventually move all players into the same database, but for now it is extremely confusing and frustrating the DE hasn't done anything to help players understand what's going on.

Edit: oh, and this part I think is just some weirdness with cookies that depending where you log in sometimes it will authenticate to your console account. If you clear them you should consistently end up on your "PC account" - on the forum side they just didn't account for this migration at all it seems so yes, you lose access to your prior account (which is only truly an issue for people with special access like the design forum).

I've already tried all the possible fixes on my end.  This has nothing to do with anything I've done.  This is entirely on DE.

• Like 1