The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Platform Save

I linked my pc and ps5 account the other day so I could play on both systems using the same account. I had no issues until I started trading, first I was asked for 2fa, which was fine, I did that. But then it tells me I can't trade with people who do not have cross save active? What kind of bs is that? Like, wtf? Did I just cut off my whole friendship group on ps5 for trading? Just because I wanted to play on another system sometimes.

11 minutes ago, wh1te_t1ger_2014 said:

I linked my pc and ps5 account the other day so I could play on both systems using the same account. I had no issues until I started trading, first I was asked for 2fa, which was fine, I did that. But then it tells me I can't trade with people who do not have cross save active? What kind of bs is that? Like, wtf? Did I just cut off my whole friendship group on ps5 for trading? Just because I wanted to play on another system sometimes.

once you enable cross save and have 2FA on then you can only trade with others  that have the same cross save enabled with 2FA

4 minutes ago, Darkskytzo_Prime said:

once you enable cross save and have 2FA on then you can only trade with others  that have the same cross save enabled with 2FA

That's fine. But my friends only play one platform with no cross save accounts because they don't have another one to link. 

1 hour ago, wh1te_t1ger_2014 said:

Like, wtf? Did I just cut off my whole friendship group on ps5 for trading? Just because I wanted to play on another system sometimes.

Yes, and DE has done an absurdly poor job of communicating this. 

1 hour ago, wh1te_t1ger_2014 said:

That's fine. But my friends only play one platform with no cross save accounts because they don't have another one to link. 

They can create a new account on Warframe.com from any device, then link that account to their console account to create a cross play account. They must be very careful to pick the console account as primary when linking. They will also have to enable 2FA on the profile for that new account like you did, even though they likely will never use it. Then you can trade again. 

It sucks but if you want to be able to use cross save this is currently the only solution. They never have to touch the PC version at all, my friend did this to trade with me and he did it entirely on his phone. 

Edited by devoltar
  • Like 1