Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acrid Modding

The-Blind-Sniper

Question

10 answers to this question

Nice question!

However, I couldn't reach my first level 30 before Damage 2.0, It's still new for me. I think Multishot and Toxin damage mods are absolutely necessary (because it doesn't do any "normal damage, just poison"), and for Viral I've added an Ice dmg mod, too. But, I'm still just trying.

Since U11 with the new "Damage 2.0" the acrid has become pretty useless, i kept the same mods on as i had in U10, can anyone suggest a new build? people say it is still good so im probably modding it wrong :D

I have been using my Acrid since Damage 2.0 and it's been working great. I use Hornet Strike (only at level 5), Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Seeker, and Ice Storm. If you don't have some of those, use what is similar, such as Deep Freeze, Gunslinger, and Slip Magazine.

Then I throw in whatever else I need for the mission: "Expel" mods, Quickdraw, etc.

Since Acrid already does Toxin damage, by just adding 1 ice mod to it, it will become Viral. I have found that Viral does a lot of damage to Grineer (especially with a headshot), and can take out Corpus and Infested pretty quickly as well.

Adding additional Toxin and Ice damage will further increase your damage output. (I can't find any reliable sources to farm any of the Toxin mods though.)

So yeah, with the right mods, it does well! I like Viral damage a lot. Seems to work decently against all factions in general. Obviously it won't do as well against armored enemies, robotic enemies, etc. But against the majority of enemies, it does very well!

Hope that helps.  :)

Oh, and that was with no Forma on it either, but I did potato it.

Edited by Fayde8

I have been using my Acrid since Damage 2.0 and it's been working great. I use Hornet Strike (only at level 5), Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Seeker, and Ice Storm. If you don't have some of those, use what is similar, such as Deep Freeze, Gunslinger, and Slip Magazine.

Then I throw in whatever else I need for the mission: "Expel" mods, Quickdraw, etc.

Since Acrid already does Toxin damage, by just adding 1 ice mod to it, it will become Viral. I have found that Viral does a lot of damage to Grineer (especially with a headshot), and can take out Corpus and Infested pretty quickly as well.

Adding additional Toxin and Ice damage will further increase your damage output. (I can't find any reliable sources to farm any of the Toxin mods though.)

So yeah, with the right mods, it does well! I like Viral damage a lot. Seems to work decently against all factions in general. Obviously it won't do as well against armored enemies, robotic enemies, etc. But against the majority of enemies, it does very well!

Nah,Corpus are very strong against viral.

Thanks! just tried this and it does alot better :D

Nah,Corpus are very strong against viral.

No they are actually "flesh" now, which is what Viral excels at.

They changed it 2 hotfixes ago:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137755-hotfix-1106/

"Corpus Spacemen are now flesh."

:)

The wiki has the updated chart too:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

Edited by Fayde8

If you want an all rounder build I would put an electric mod on first for corrosive damage, then add a heat mod for straight heat damage.  +75% against armor and flesh and +50% against infested and robotic, no negative modifiers.

Edit: I may need to re-think this... just tested it and it looks like the element on the gun is applied last after all the other elemental mods.  Maybe a toxic damage mod would work to make the corrosive + heat combo but I don't have one to test it.

Edited by Chaosheade

Edit: I may need to re-think this... just tested it and it looks like the element on the gun is applied last after all the other elemental mods.  Maybe a toxic damage mod would work to make the corrosive + heat combo but I don't have one to test it.

I had the same problem.   :(   Yeah, I think the weapon's elemental damage is applied last.