Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Frost loses overguard when walking into nullifier bubbles/falling off the map, while Styanax and Kullervo do not

Arn-Solma

Overguard gained from Icy Avalanche is capped similarly to how overguard from Intrepid Stand (Styanax) and Recompense (Kullervo) are, however unlike those two overguard sources, Icy Avalanche's overguard can be dispelled by buff-dispelling effects, such as map pits and nullifier bubbles. This is a remnant of Icy Avalanche's old behavior, where it originally acted similarly to Iron Skin.

I hope that Icy Avalanche could get looked at and brought in line to function the same way as Styanax and Kullervo's current overguard functionality.

• Like 1

Rhino Iron Skin and Atlas Rumbled Overguard are also nullified. Personally I think they probably all should be nullified.  Kullervo might have a better case for being an exception though, because he has no shields and no shield gate, and can't charge up in safety.  (Styanax shares the latter, but can at least damage bubbles with his 4.)  Although I think I'd still prefer  Kullervo had to be more careful of bubbles, and just got a slightly longer Overguard gate when it gets nullified.  Maybe 0.75 or 1s, rather than the standard 0.5.

I'm really curious to see whether Dante's Overguard is nullifiable or not.

5 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm really curious to see whether Dante's Overguard is nullifiable or not.

My money is on it won't be. My reasoning being that every operator in recent time has been progressively more obscenely powercrept.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

My money is on it won't be. My reasoning being that every operator in recent time has been progressively more obscenely powercrept.

I'm betting that way too, although it's more about these being designed with Overguard in mind rather than conversions of old mechanics.

(But I'm also not absolutely convinced it's not just a die roll. :P )

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm betting that way too, although it's more about these being designed with Overguard in mind rather than conversions of old mechanics.

(But I'm also not absolutely convinced it's not just a die roll. :P )

Personally, I'm just wondering when DE is going to stop the sexism (/j) with overguard. Dante marks the sixth male frame with overguard, while there's still not a single female frame with access to it.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 1

I'd also like to see this change. Losing all your stacked Overguard to random nullifier bubbles clipping you, or map geometry trolling you is frustrating. Especially because of how long it takes to stack due to the relatively low amount of Overguard you gain per enemy. You also need to invest into high power strength for the Overguard to scale decently. This usually means slotting in Blind Rage, which is extremely taxing on your energy economy and might still take a very long time despite gaining more Overguard per enemy. Kullervo and Styanax are also significantly stronger than Frost, so him getting kinda shafted by this is unfair. Frost also has 3 augments fighting for slots in his builds, so Icy Avalanche really should be more impactful. This simple change would make Frost feel much better, and also make fighting the Corpus less miserable since nullifiers are already kinda oppressive for him. Especially with his snowglobes being instantly popped by them instead of just having a health drain, but that's for a different topic. An Overguard drain would also be a fair solution for nullifier bubbles instead of just losing all of it, as well as only losing some of your Overguard when falling off a map.

Edited by Tiwarsouu
Spelling and grammar fix

13 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Maybe this is more what needs adjusting on Icy Avalanche.

I personally think both adjustments should be implemented. The stacking is tedious and the instant removal of all the Overguard on contact makes the augment frustrating to use on a substantial amount of content.

Edited by Tiwarsouu
Forgot bold text

8 minutes ago, Tiwarsouu said:

I personally think both adjustments should be implemented. The stacking is tedious and the instant removal of *all* the Overguard on contact makes the augment frustrating to use on a substantial amount of content.

That's a totally reasonable reaction.    I just think inducing frustration with abilities is Nullys' whole thing.   And unfair as it can feel, I believe as long as they exist in this form, there should probably only be exceptions in the most extreme cases.

But I get where you you're coming from.  My own personal candidate for special Nully dispensation is Harrow.