Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive dualwielding is (even more) scuffed now.

TTraw

Ever since Whispers in the Walls, glaive's heavy attack detonation is unresponsive when wielding it with a one-handed secondary. Sometimes it activates after first button presses, sometimes it requires multiple of them, sometimes it just doesn't detonate at all. You have to switch to your primary weapon or go full melee mode so that the glaive becomes responsive again.

This bug is hopefully commonly known by now and in list of things getting fixed. However, really recently, there's a new bug with dual wielding.

You know how, with fully-automatic secondary weapon, you could just hold primary fire key and also charge up the glaive? This would allow you to shoot the gun while glaive is in air, inbetween charging the throws, all just by holding your LMB (on pc).

Well now it doesn't do that anymore. The moment you charge and throw a glaive, or even simply catch/return a glaive, any fully automatic gun will just stop firing which is really infuriating and clunky. I need to refire my gun after every throw I do so that it keeps firing, which let's be honest, is not very fluid and will hurt my finger and my mouse.

Because of this, there is literally no benefit of dual-wielding at the moment. It just make your glaive detonation unresponsive and you can't even shoot your gun without breaking the flow like with other weapon types.

I don't know which hotfix caused this issue but this issue was not present in Whispers in the walls update; it is a recent change and my guess is it was caused by the hotfix which fixed Incarnon weapon activation not working in dual wielding.

I really hope this bug will be taken into consideration while looking at glaives' unresponsiveness. There's nothing worse than bugs that ruin fluidity of a playstyle.

Tl;dr:

Automatic secondary guns now stop firing on:

• Glaive charge
  • Glaive throw
  • Glaive catch
  • Glaive when they are starting to return (from max distance or manually)

And need to be refired to continue shooting which is clunky.

Edited by TTraw
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this up as glaive dualwielding was, in fact, looked at in Dante's unbound patch.

It seems that this issue was 25% fixed as you will no longer stop firing after glaive starts returning.

However, the issue still persist after the patch. Guns continue to stop shooting when:

• You charge a glaive
  • You throw a glaive
  • You catch a glaive
  • Detonate heavy attack (this is new)

And the gun still needs to be refired again.

Hope this gets another look at in future hotfix, dualwielding is still currently pointless because of this.

• Like 1

Yup, bump as well. Still somewhat persisting secondary/dual wield glaive and on top as posted in another topic there is either ui/text bug on wind up speed mods/buffs which actually increase the wind up speed instead of lowering it.(eg. amalgam organ shatter)

• Like 1

i noticed that too,the only "fix" for this now is to use dual wielding pistols with the glaive to avoid the detonation not hapening.

Edited by Zz3rkz