Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats wrong with Tenno´s? Or am I the a***ole?

On 2024-03-09 at 6:31 AM, NeDesitVirtus said:

We don't have to be them and we can can choose to be better.  We don't have to tolerate them either. And by not endorsing or enabling their behavior we serve the purpose of normalzing the Tenno Way. I hope this is helpful and gives pause for thought to someone. 

I don't need any pause, I agree 100%, straight up. I tolerate all kinds of players in-game (the exception being leeches and trolls). I even help them (it's funny how overpowered and thoroughly power-fantasized players can by shocked by someone else buffing THEM 😉).

But here on the forum you can let it all out.

On 2024-03-09 at 10:04 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Proportion means the percentage of total has not changed. Quantity means the actual numerical amount has changed, regardless of the proportion staying the same.

While the proportion of your games will still contain just as many nice players, more games overall, statistically, will actively contain an unpleasant player. Especially when there are shades of 'unpleasant' players, ranging from the simple un-mannered, all the way up to the outright toxic.

I cut your long and rambling explanation short, because you managed the get all the logic right without reaching the inevitable correct mathematical conclusion. Which is that as long as the proportion of players stay the same your chance of encountering an unpleasant (or pleasant) player in a mission stays the same.

Also, proportion is a factual measure, a fact. Like 2:3 or 10000 per million. It is not an average. If you run multiple samples from a proportional pool, your average will move towards the factual proportion.

I am not going to debate the basics of an introductory course in statistics on the forum (even though I have a mind to 🙂), and you can freely choose to make up your own version. In the long run it might pay off to go with the really real one, though...

• Like 1

On 2024-03-13 at 4:28 AM, Arniox said:

Maybe it's a region thing... 

Cause in oceanic regions, people are really helpful in general here. I'm a high mr personally and I always try help and answer questions to newer players and let them go ahead and kill things. 

It might be. Here in Europe we have a diverse pool of players, with a lot of different languages (not everyone is good at English either) and lots of cultural differences. On politeness, on being chill, on "masculinity", on a lot of things. And an "age gap" of over 4 decades (covering at least three "generations", depending on how you count). All that also translates into in-game behavior, to some degree. 

• Like 2