Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any good crowd heat primer companions?

cweethedestroyer

Question

Im looking for a companion that can proc heat on everything I go near. Not just the status itself, Id like to be able to get at least a single proc taking into account the heat mods and faction mod on my companion weapon. Preferably a sentinel so I can use Fired Up.

Currently running a Verglas and it'd be awesome if I could somehow get it to shoot everything for a little bit instead of beaming one guy to death.

It'd be even more awesome if Manifold Bond took mods into account when applying damaging status effects. :(

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, cweethedestroyer said:

Im looking for a companion that can proc heat on everything I go near.

You want Diriga with Arc Coil, Manifold Bond (do not use Calculated Shot)

PS: I am sorry that the upper dude did not bother reading more than title.

Edited by Zakkhar

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

I apologize, but it seems this individual failed to read even the three lines of text I provided.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VibingCat said:

Try Verglas modded for viral heat, damage, fire rate and multishot, with Contagious Bond and Duplex Bond. Any sentinel is fine.

Good call, I never contemplated targeting one enemy to spread it to others, might be rough with heat inherit since C-Bond only transmits 50% of the status procs but hopefully it works.

56 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I tried that but Manifold Bond doesn't take mods into account when applying damaging status. It actually completely kills my damage with how heat inherit is calculated. I mentioned that in the last line.

56 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

That's ok, he actually gave me a pretty good idea

38 minutes ago, VibingCat said:

I apologize, but it seems this individual failed to read even the three lines of text I provided.

yeah lmao

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VibingCat said:

Try Verglas modded for viral heat, damage, fire rate and multishot, with Contagious Bond and Duplex Bond. Any sentinel is fine.

Can confirm that I tested this and It worked phenomenally. The heat inherit is actually even better than I ever imagined. Not only does it inherit the heat/faction mod stats, it inherits the effect of contagious bond, so I could pack a S#&$ ton of heat proc damage into whatever my sentinel is shooting at and as long as it dies to one of the heat procs (not my raw weapon damage), it will echo that incredible heat status to everything nearby and wipe the room. 

As long as the enemies die to the heat proc damage they will echo it. You can even stack it exponentially with thermal sunder, though I dont recommend doing this unless the first target has died and ignited everything else in the room with the contagious flame.

not gonna use duplex bond because it doesnt copy Fired Up so it would ruin my procs.

thanks for the suggestion <3

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cweethedestroyer said:

Can confirm that I tested this and It worked phenomenally. The heat inherit is actually even better than I ever imagined. Not only does it inherit the heat/faction mod stats, it inherits the effect of contagious bond, so I could pack a S#&amp;&#036; ton of heat proc damage into whatever my sentinel is shooting at and as long as it dies to one of the heat procs (not my raw weapon damage), it will echo that incredible heat status to everything nearby and wipe the room. 

As long as the enemies die to the heat proc damage they will echo it. You can even stack it exponentially with thermal sunder, though I dont recommend doing this unless the first target has died and ignited everything else in the room with the contagious flame.

not gonna use duplex bond because it doesnt copy Fired Up so it would ruin my procs.

thanks for the suggestion <3

I'm glad it works c;

Are you using 60/60 elemental mods?

14 hours ago, cweethedestroyer said:

Im looking for a companion that can proc heat on everything I go near. Not just the status itself, Id like to be able to get at least a single proc taking into account the heat mods and faction mod on my companion weapon. Preferably a sentinel so I can use Fired Up.

Currently running a Verglas and it'd be awesome if I could somehow get it to shoot everything for a little bit instead of beaming one guy to death.

It'd be even more awesome if Manifold Bond took mods into account when applying damaging status effects. :(

If you get a +2 Verglas riven with heat, it'll allow you to heat bias with heat/viral. If you also use punch through from Primed Shred or such, it'll give Verglas some AoE.

I actually stopped using it because it was so powerful, it was making it difficult for me to get finishers for Melee Crescendo, even in endurance missions. Enemies caught in my Vazarin mines for ground finishers would die before I could perform it because of it, so I changed it to cold/corrosive with Shivering Contagion.