Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone know how the Chinese version of Warframe handles depictions of Death in The War Within?

Zahnrad

Just recently I decided to replay all of the Warframe cinematic quests.

While replaying The War Within I remembered beforehand the scene where the Tenno falls down a hole and what was down there made me begin to question how these scenes must have been changed for Chinese censors.

If you don't know, games in China are much more PG due to regulations. For example, Bones, Skulls or any other skeleton parts are straight up banned, along with certain depictions of death. Warframe gets around this by disabling most Gore related features. Even Necramechs had their skulls changed for a mask.

Anyway. In The War Within, we come across a dessicated corpse slumped on its knees in a cave, and later when we falll down a hole. A sharp piece of bone impales the Operator through the leg and has to be pulled out. Then everywhere the Ravenous Maw can be found there is bones everywhere.

Sidenote: I tried checking the Wiki for answers and found there are still a few items that haven't made it over to the Global build. There is a short series of "Bronze" skins, similar to the Rubedo line of skins. A unique Alt Helmet for Umbra that can be chatlinked and a unique Sekhara, of which I cannot find any images of it online.

the operator falls into a massive pile of platinum, but is chased away by the Golden Maw before they can pocket any for themselves.../s.

the platinum was taken from all the players when they paid to prevent their weapons from degrading (yes, that's an actual thing in chinaframe)

41 minutes ago, Teainshennonprime1989 said:

Drop and fade away it's highly centered in alot of Asian countries and meany others to the point no slider exists for gore

Ah, so it basically just fades out and fades in, skipping said cutscene? I guess that makes the most sense.