Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Long term issues with black energy color

I think it's about time I do this.

I'm a long time black energy color enjoyer. Before this patch the problem with black energy color was that it made most abilities/ephemeras just plane invisible. I guess the game considered black color as an "absence of color". But I lived with that.

Now the problem is straight opposite. The game now considers black as plane WHITE for some reason.

Fashion is an endgame for many, so please, make black energy color an actual color. That would be so awesome.

Video demonstration:

Edited by gilean302
  • Like 5

I really hope they change this, because a lot of my Fashion Frame just went out of the window. And while going back to how Black Energy Colors behaved before the update would be good, I agree that giving them the treatment of an ACTUAL color would be better.

• Like 4

• gilean302 changed the title to Long term issues with black energy color

It looks like the problem with white has been fixed and the old state of things is back. Ember's flames and Gyre's lightning are completely invisible now, as well ass most abilities and ephemeras in the game, which is the more complex problem to solve I'm sure, but I'm holing hope.

Thanks for the revert though.

• Like 1

To be honest, the fact that the darkest black on Smoke palette made some abilities invisible was a saving grace for me - it's so useful on Protea (first ability, especially the shield-giving mode), Frost (Snowglobe and Avalanche), Gyre (I want to see the warframe, not a ball of tiring, blinding ball of energy, please), Ember (Sudden blinding with fourth ability when too many enemies are around, second ability on self etc), Duplex Bond for sentinels and so much more... I'd say it's best to either give us some kind of "color intensity" option, like with sigils, or add a "new color: transparent/invisible". For the perfect white and this invisible black Smoke palette was worth it, after all...

Whatever the choice would be, I'd love to have an option for an "invisible" color, be it with perfect black right now, or something else.

• Like 2