Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc ps5 cross play question

Wysko-13

Question

I linked my ps5 to pc to trade with a person.never competed the trade. 

I now can't trade with my ps5 friends, I play ps5.

Is there a way of rolling back my linking of my accounts as I haven't made any trades.

It's made me and my group of mates not wanna play.

4 answers to this question

I get it. I've not traded tho. So I hoped that helps. 

I started the game to play with a mate. Now we can't really play. 

Not trading ain't the same 

Do you think the trading with ever be fixed?

8 hours ago, Wysko-13 said:

This is only a guess, but I would hazard that DE's solution to that would be that every player should change their accounts to a cross-save account.

In case it's not clear (because this is a very confusing process in many ways) the reason you can't trade with your PS5 friends is because you are using a cross-save account (which is what you have after linking accounts) and they are not using cross-save accounts; cross-save can only trade with cross-save.  So if your PS5 friends changed their accounts into cross-save accounts, then you would once again be able to trade.  They would do this by making a new PC Warframe account, and then linking it with their PS5 accounts and choosing PS5 as the master account.  That's what I did.  So while you can't unlink your account and become just a PS5 account again, that would allow you to trade with your friends again.

However, before taking that step, I would simply urge you and your friends to browse the Cross-save Bug and Feedback forums; DE has done a poor job of communicating issues with cross-save, and by browsing these forums you can learn what issues other players are running into.  Then your friends can make an informed decision about whether becoming a cross-save account seems worth it to them.  Because as you have found, once you become a cross-save account, there is no going back.

https://forums.warframe.com/forum/1881-cross-platform-save/

Hope this helps in some way!

10 hours ago, Wysko-13 said:

I get it. I've not traded tho. So I hoped that helps. 

I started the game to play with a mate. Now we can't really play. 

Not trading ain't the same 

Your friend now also needs to PC link his account even though he has no other reason to do so.   This trading issue is a lot like cross play toggle where as a PSN only player I would have preferred to set that to "OFF" but by doing that you broke any chance to match-make because everyone else was set to "ON".  You have to run with the herd some times.

What is going to happen is the set of PC traders (including linked console accts) will get larger while the console only gets smaller.  The smaller it gets the less you want to be in that set... it's harder to trade with fewer people.  So your friend might as well get it over with and link sooner than later.