Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Exodia Contagion’s heavy attack just slams me to the ground.

I can’t seem to do the heavy Zaw throw anymore after the ground slam update. Even if I’m aiming straight up and put in the button combos, I just heavy slam straight to the ground. It was working just fine before the update. 

17 hours ago, Teraplexus said:

It wasn’t even mentioned in the patch notes, so it must be either a hidden nerf (terrible to do it that dirty) or the spaghetti code unraveling.

• Fixed being able to Heavy Attack mid-air. Now mid-air Heavy Attacks will perform a Heavy Ground Slam as intended. 

I was in the Patch notes (under TOP FIXES), it just doesn't specifically mention Exodia Contagion. Unfortunately, this is working as intended.

Edited by MerlintheAgeless

The unintended bug that let people use a heavy attack to throw a buffed Exodia Contagion projectile was removed back in September. They further ensured with this update that heavy attack in the air is doing a ground slam as is intended.

Update 33.6.9

• Fixed being able to buff Exodia Contagion's projectile damage with heavy attack multiplier by performing a series of specific parkour movements.
    • The movements in question allowed for heavy attacks to be performed mid-air instead of triggering the intended ground slam, which then caused the Heavy Attack damage multiplier to be applied to the projectile. In this Hotfix, we’ve specifically removed the interaction that buffed its damage, as heavy attacking mid-air is not possible otherwise. We understand that this was a popular combination due to its ability to land wild damage numbers, but it was dependent on a movement animation bug and went beyond the original design for the Arcane.