Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Another Lighting Issue

I have never experienced much lag in Warframe unless it's in a heavily packed area with lots of effects and such. My Orbiter was one such place where lag never occurred, until today. The lighting is so in depth that it makes my game lag any time I look at the connecting ramp between the orbiter and navigation, and I play on medium to low settings. What you did literally made it so everyone is basically playing on max graphics settings.

DE, I love a lot of what you do, but the lighting was already perfect as it was, this sudden change brought with it a lot of performance issues and even on low settings the awful lighting and blinding fog are heavily impacting framerates. All these lighting changes need to be reverted before it becomes an even worse issue, I don't think anyone will ever "get used to" this stuff. It's so bad even while using my arsenal in my orbiter you may as well just not have any colour as it's near impossible to decern pigments.

A very rare and unfortunate L for the dev team. Thankfully knowing them they will hopefully try to adjust things to work right.

• Like 5

i'm sorry to be this guy but imho no the lighting wasn't perfect, it was not good in a lot of areas to be honest,and while i understand why it doesn't please you the way it is now, it is undeniably beter, because now instead of pre-baked light you have real time global illumination wich generate accurate light and shadows based on lights sources, and reflections are far better than they used to be as well, also the way some texture react to light is now more accurate as well when in the past they where seemingly lit too bright even in dark zones,i hope they will fix the problems that came with the upddate,because yes, there are problems, but light look great now. also a lot of the peoples complaining about it are doing so not thinking about the fact that now when you put an object in the trajectory of a light source it will mess with how said light source will illuminate and indirectly render colors/shadows on object in direct path with it.

edit: about performances i didn't even loose 1 fps after the update so idk why it is happening to you,but i doubt it is because of lighting only.hope they fix it tho. 

Edited by Zz3rkz

25 minutes ago, Zz3rkz said:

i'm sorry to be this guy but imho no the lighting wasn't perfect, it was not good in a lot of areas to be honest,and while i understand why it doesn't please you the way it is now, it is undeniably beter, because now instead of pre-baked light you have real time global illumination wich generate accurate light and shadows based on lights sources, and reflections are far better than they used to be as well, also the way some texture react to light is now more accurate as well when in the past they where seemingly lit too bright even in dark zones,i hope they will fix the problems that came with the upddate,because yes, there are problems, but light look great now. also a lot of the peoples complaining about it are doing so not thinking about the fact that now when you put an object in the trajectory of a light source it will mess with how said light source will illuminate and indirectly render colors/shadows on object in direct path with it.

edit: about performances i didn't even loose 1 fps after the update so idk why it is happening to you,but i doubt it is because of lighting only.hope they fix it tho. 

Different computer specs, with rtx 3060 I'm also experiencing lag, prior to this update, only in Sanctum Anatomica would this lag occur and yes, it is due to such lighting. Combining the lag with constant crashes, the game's unplayable for me rn. 

• Like 1

i guess i 'm lucky then, i use a 2080 non super, my proc is an i7 7700k from 2017,and i don't have these lag,i'm sorry to hear that it mess with some peoples configs, and i hope they will fix the performance/crash problems.

Edited by Zz3rkz