Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Auto-melee acts as if melee key is released

I've seen issues starting yesterday after the Dante Unbound update (v35.5.1 and v35.5.2) where auto-melee sometimes stops working. The behavior acts as if the melee key was released, when I am still holding it.

In one example, I was using the new Dex Nikana. I pressed and held melee (E) and it hit 2 or 3 times quickly, before my frame stops melee attacking entirely. If I release melee and press and hold it again, it would start meleeing again. If I had to guess, this issue was happening maybe 10-25% of the time in that particular mission. The rest of the time, the auto-melee worked as I expected.

In another example, I was using the hate incarnon (both regular and incarnon modes). It seemed to happen much more frequently, maybe 30-50% of the time if I attacked long enough.

However, in other situations I've been unable to reproduce the issue. The only consistent variable I've noticed is that I've only seen the issue in missions where I'm in a squad (either as host or as client). I've been unable to reproduce the issue when solo (be it set to solo or set to public and no one else joined.) Fast or slow melees both have the issue. Holding other keys or just the melee key both have the issue (so not key ghosting). Attacking enemies or swinging at nothing both have reproduced the issue. I even took the exact same loadouts with the Dex Nikana and Hate into the simulacrum (solo) and was unable to reproduce the issue. And I used the same loadout with hate in a mission yesterday solo and I didn't notice the issue.

Edit: IIRC, there was 1-2 missions where I was in a 2-man squad where the issue didn't reproduce. Previous times where it did reproduce were 4-man squads.

Edited by BlunterCheese9
  • Like 3