Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Melee Ground Slam Attack made wrong changes based on wrong data

In the 35.5 update log:

引用

Melee Ground Slam Attack Changes:

3. Added a 2x Multiplier to its Radial Damage 
Slam Direct Hits had a 2x-3x multiplier (depending on Weapon Class) to account for the fact that it was actually quite difficult to land them, so the multiplier helped in making those rare instances feel impactful. 

Since Slam Direct Hits are no more, we have accounted for its removal by applying a 2x multiplier to Slam Attack’s Radial Damage across all Weapon classes. For the reasons listed directly above (Radial Damage now scalable with Mods) and for the sake of balance, the 2x (3x for Heavy Slam Attacks) multiplier on Radial Damage maintains the damage output without going overboard.

How The Changes Appear in the Arsenal:
Melee Ground Slam Attacks now has only one core stat in the Arsenal: SLAM ATTACK. The number listed beside indicates its Radial Damage. 

You’ll notice that with all of the above changes, some Melee weapons’ Slam Attack Damage has changed. Previously “Slam Attack” in the UI informed of “Slam Direct Hits”, which for some Melee weapon types (ex: Polearm, Sword, Two-Handed Nikanas, etc.), had a 3x multiplier applied. Now, since “Slam Attack” in the UI indicates Radial Damage and has had a 2x multiplier applied across all Melee types, the damage for those weapons may differ. 
But now that you can scale Slam Attack Damage with Mods, those differences can be easily recouped and then some. 

This is wrong, before the update most weapons had a 4x - 5x multiplier for Melee Ground Slam Attack, not 2x - 3x. (Especially heavy melee weapons.)

This makes the melee ground slam attack even less useful in advanced missions, with direct hits doing twice as much damage before the update as after.

This difference simply cannot be made up. It is rare to hit the enemy directly, but the damage is greatly reduced. Have you ever imagined this frustration?

I don't care how much Radial damage it has, but it shouldn't drastically reduce damage on direct hits to enemies, and for a weapon that previously had a 5x multiplier (Heavy Slam Attacks), the update has nerfed it to almost half the original damage😢

Edited by XiaoChengZi_
  • Like 4

"to account for the fact that it was actually quite difficult to land them" ...wait what ?! ?! it was perfect as it was and wasn't difficult at all (well depending of the weapon of course,but i didn't found it to be so difficult i dunno maybe just me) to do,idk where it was said or heard but it was working perfectly and now there are a lot of problems with glaives ,the xoris for exemple does not hit every target in range while exploding since this update,the charge is intrrupted for no reason,we can't throw our glaive while mid air anymore....yuk,i agree with xiao,this update is not good nor needed.

Edited by Zz3rkz