Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forced Bundle purchases

MorbidAyylien

I really think you should decrease the prices of bundles if you already own something from them. In my particular case i own the harrow reliquary deluxe skin and i want to get the Renuntio speargun skin but i cannot buy it by itself. I have to spend 275pl and buy the bundle which comes with a skin i already own. Either get rid of the forced bundle thing or reduce the price based on if you own something in the bundle. 

This keeps coming up, but I don't think that anyone actually realises why DE don't do this...

See, Platinum is something you purchase in advance. Or somebody already purchased in advance and you traded it off them. Somebody, probably you, already paid the money for it. Right?

So how does DE actually make any more money from players when there's already a pool of Platinum sitting in the game and being traded around by players? That's right. They make the Cosmetic market able to drain that pool as quickly as possible.

So, for every single person that didn't realise that a cosmetic was exclusive to a bundle, they want them to pay the full price for the bundle to get it. For every person that doesn't have enough Platinum for themselves, they want that player to trade Platinum away from players that have it.

Drain the pool with non-refundable and non-tradeable items.

That's how you get the players that actually will pay for Platinum to go back and pay for it again sooner.

They have to walk a fine line between 'that's too expensive' and 'but I really, really like how it looks', but is that really so hard to do? Eleven years of doing it says: They do it really well.

So that's why DE will almost certainly (I'm 99.99% certain) never discount bundles if you already own stuff in them.

(That and you can't actually gift somebody a bundle if they already own items in that bundle, that's another bit of evidence there too.)

DE want all the plat frittered away so that paying players go back to the well to pay for more. That's how they make money.