Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Explanation for heavy slam rework needed

leachPrime

Question

I read the update note and I didn't quite get the slam rework. 

"for the sake of balance, the 2x (3x for Heavy Slam Attacks) multiplier on Radial Damage maintains the damage output without going overboard" - DE

What does that mean? What is meant by "without going overboard"?

Another thing is the mod "Killing blow". Does it increase heavy slam?

Since they now have innate 2x(3x for heavy) multiplier, what would happen if I add mod like "Corrupt charge"?

Does the multiplier becomes (2+2)x for light slam and (3+2)x for heavy slam?

Or 20(light)+30(max rank)=50 which is 3x

40(heavy)+30(max rank)=70 which is 4x?

Or the multipliers multiplies themselves? Like light slam with corrupt charge is (2x2)x multiplier and heavy slam with corrupt charge is (3x2)x multiplier?

It's a bit confusing for me. Any explanation will be appreciated.

edit: idk how to change the last question to big letters. Please forgive me.

Edited by leachPrime

2 answers to this question

8 hours ago, leachPrime said:

What is meant by "without going overboard"?

I don't know the answers to the math questions, but I can help with this part.  The phrase "without going overboard" means "without going too far" or "without doing too much".  So in this case, everything before "without gong overboard" is basically saying that these multipliers get the damage to the value DE wants it to be at, and then the "without going overboard" at the end is basically saying that DE feels that adding any additional strength to these slams would be excessive (in other words, adding more damage than this would be "going overboard").

Edited by UnstarPrime
phrasing
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

I don't know the answers to the math questions, but I can help with this part.  The phrase "without going overboard" means "without going too far" or "without doing too much".  So in this case, everything before "without gong overboard" is basically saying that these multipliers get the damage to the value DE wants it to be at, and then the "without going overboard" at the end is basically saying that DE feels that adding any additional strength to these slams would be excessive (in other words, adding more damage than this would be "going overboard").

Thanks for answering. So you mean 2.14 billion damage is still possible but they won't add anything more than innate multiplier coz it's too much overkill? Edit: Also how about the mod "Killing blow"?

Edited by leachPrime