Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did someone play Stellar Blade and How Was it?

Sporthand

54 minutes ago, dreadgame said:

I'm not attacking it or not yet it if that's what you're trying to dig from this, i'm simply describing the common trend with modern korean animation and culture and you can see it on their shows and games, they're stale dolls at least from what i've seen and Stellar Blade is the same imo,
not because it lacks lizzo or abby in it but because the target demographic tends to be the same target demographic as nier and bayonetta

which is what the internet would probably call simps and their tastes are simply different from mine

Target demographic? What target demographic? This is not about political representatives in the national chamber. I may respect the style or culture of your country, but game developers can express their artistic styles without any restrictions, as many gamers support those games nowadays!

1 hour ago, Sporthand said:

Target demographic? What target demographic? This is not about political representatives in the national chamber. I may respect the style or culture of your country, but game developers can express their artistic styles without any restrictions, as many gamers support those games nowadays!

I already mentioned the target demo, i fail to see the politics

13 hours ago, dreadgame said:

I already mentioned the target demo, i fail to see the politics

Unless you specify, I still don't understand who you are referring to as a target demo.

23 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

Unless you specify, I still don't understand who you are referring to as a target demo.

SIMPS, it's not an official political identity as i doubt they even know each other or agree on a political stance, not that i know of anyway, and more of my own collective term for them based on similar patterns out of their shared biases and interests.

People who enjoy Stellar Blade I find are the same people to enjoy Bayonetta and Nier or any other games with sexy attractive female protagonists(despite being males) in risque positions, revealing outfits, and have jiggly assets

not all but the pattern is recognizable

Edited by dreadgame

On 2024-04-19 at 10:56 AM, dreadgame said:

SIMPS, it's not an official political identity as i doubt they even know each other or agree on a political stance, not that i know of anyway, and more of my own collective term for them based on similar patterns out of their shared biases and interests.

People who enjoy Stellar Blade I find are the same people to enjoy Bayonetta and Nier or any other games with sexy attractive female protagonists(despite being males) in risque positions, revealing outfits, and have jiggly assets

not all but the pattern is recognizable

Many developers around the globe have been creating attractive characters for decades, even before those games were published, as you mentioned. What's wrong with that?   

6 hours ago, Sporthand said:

Many developers around the globe have been creating attractive characters for decades, even before those games were published, as you mentioned. What's wrong with that?   

you don't get what i'm saying here

I mentioned korean to be descriptive not that i have a problem with it, it's just soulless art imo and modern japanese are the same and korean didn't produce much in the 90s and 00s which was peak entertainment and art era it's not even debatable.

The art is not the problem, heck i don't mind sexy attractive characters like Meryl, Sniper Wolf, Quiet in games like Metal Gear where my immersion can't be ruined. What ruins my playtime are thirst trap games like Nier, SB, Bayonetta because a) the MC IS the thirst trap therefore immersion ruined, and b) when fans of these games talk or make posts it reminds me of the overused meme "death by snu-snu", such crowds gets me annoyed and lose interest on the game or whatever they're talking about.

27 minutes ago, dreadgame said:

soulless art

What's soulless art? There are many soulless arts outside Korea and Japan; even Western countries have no exception!

31 minutes ago, dreadgame said:

Meryl, Sniper Wolf, Quiet

Okay, but what differs from them, such as Nier, SB, and Bayonetta?  

39 minutes ago, dreadgame said:

thirst trap games like Nier,

Huh? Some people are playing Stellar Blade, and I don't see any gameplay that involves a thirst trap. 

34 minutes ago, dreadgame said:

"death by snu-snu"

Is the video you are mentioning? 

23 hours ago, Sporthand said:

What's soulless art? There are many soulless arts outside Korea and Japan; even Western countries have no exception!

Okay, but what differs from them, such as Nier, SB, and Bayonetta?  

Huh? Some people are playing Stellar Blade, and I don't see any gameplay that involves a thirst trap. 

Is the video you are mentioning? 

soulless art - cash grab, cgi, fanservice
I don't disagree with western animations being no exception and the only reason I didn't include it is because I've purposely avoided most of them for more than a decade now. It's just too progressive and inclusive for my tastes it's not even worth mentioning.

Main difference between one group and the other is perspective for the most part and the scale of smuttiness involved and how it's done. If I'm playing as the hero or anti-hero dude that meets these eye candies along the way then it's usually not a problem, it may even enhance the experience but it will still depend on how it's done. 
If the perspective is I'm controlling the smut icon herself overly relying on the emphasis to sexiness and stylistic moveset and cinematics and less on meaning then it's boring and I will immediately drop the game.

Maybe I'm speaking out of ignorance as one look at the game and first thing i thought of was some KPOP girlband on video game fantasy setting which immediately turned me off and categorized it as just another Bayonetta clone and that's where the thirst trap comes from, obviously i can't speak about the gameplay mechanics nor do i wish to as it doesn't interest me.

Simps aren't generally known for high standards so I wouldn't be surprised if someone exists out there with a fetish for hyldrin lol

1 hour ago, dreadgame said:

cash grab, cgi, fanservice

Isn't it evident that any game industries are?

smuttiness

Are you offended by the design of the attractive character?

hero or anti-hero dude that meets these eye candies along the way then it's usually not a problem, it may even enhance the experience but it will still depend on how it's done. 
If the perspective is I'm controlling the smut icon herself overly relying on the emphasis to sexiness and stylistic moveset and cinematics and

then it's boring and I will immediately drop the game.

From the gamers' perspective, the gameplay looks good.

2 hours ago, dreadgame said:

less on meaning

What is meaning? What meaning is it for? 

2 hours ago, dreadgame said:

Simps aren't generally known for high standards so I wouldn't be surprised if someone exists out there with a fetish for hyldrin lol

Some love the kind of waifu, as this picture came from one-room warrior anime.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZyzZUN7ZIYUOxgH1xuS0

Or 
could be their mother...

11 hours ago, Sporthand said:

Isn't it evident that any game industries are?

Are you offended by the design of the attractive character?

From the gamers' perspective, the gameplay looks good.

What is meaning? What meaning is it for? 

Some love the kind of waifu, as this picture came from one-room warrior anime.

Or 
could be their mother...

Yes when nerd stuff became mainstream and developed into these giant industries they are today, I don't disagree

I'm not offended but i get annoyed and lose interest, it all depends on how it's done

What does other specific "gamer"'s perspective have to do with my own?
Lots of people use seed oils for cooking and I say the S#&$'s bad stuff and not for me. So what?

Meaningfulness, search it up yourself. If you're with the crowd that's happy to pay for just smut action on screen then be my guest. It's not enough and doesn't work for me.

This weird concept of waifu is just too bizarre.
Why can't they just be happy with something like

I mean it's already a fantasy so why not make it a good one?

I laughed when I saw this game for the first time.  The overall aesthetic and character design look like something I would have seen 10 or 20 years ago.

Honestly, my main criticism of the game is that it seems too cowardly to openly be what it wants to be.  If you want to make sexual content, that's awesome, but do it earnestly and enthusiastically.  This product looks like the same old half-effort we've seen for decades now: someone who wants to make sexual content, but toes the line in an attempt to have some amount of plausible deniability about their product's sexuality; they lack the conviction to be open and proud about their creation, and that impacts the development of the product itself, rendering it basic and lackluster.

If this product was brave enough to just be what it wants to be, I can imagine checking it out.; it might not have ended up being for me, but at least it would be interesting.  But by all appearances the actual product being released looks like the same paint-by-numbers sex-action nutrient paste that had already been done to death a decade ago.

On 2024-04-24 at 8:55 AM, dreadgame said:

Yes when nerd stuff became mainstream and developed into these giant industries they are today, I don't disagree

I'm not offended but i get annoyed and lose interest, it all depends on how it's done

What does other specific "gamer"'s perspective have to do with my own?
Lots of people use seed oils for cooking and I say the S#&$'s bad stuff and not for me. So what?

Meaningfulness, search it up yourself. If you're with the crowd that's happy to pay for just smut action on screen then be my guest. It's not enough and doesn't work for me.

This weird concept of waifu is just too bizarre.
Why can't they just be happy with something like

I mean it's already a fantasy so why not make it a good one?

On 2024-04-24 at 8:55 AM, dreadgame said:

"gamer"'s perspective have to do with my own

Do you mean that you build your character based on your appearance in your reality?

We already have the program, as you shared the video!

4 hours ago, Sporthand said:

Do you mean that you build your character based on your appearance in your reality?

We already have the program, as you shared the video!

Sometimes, i modeled my dragon's dogma character after myself, other times it's based on some look i think is cool. Regardless of the game if there's a character editor I always consistently make it male though as I like to play rpg games and make choices i most likely would pick irl on first playthrough but there are cases I edit a female e.g. as a companion to my MC

Lol that's a start, also looks better than the last one

Edited by dreadgame

32 minutes ago, dreadgame said:

Sometimes, i modeled my dragon's dogma character after myself, other times it's based on some look i think is cool. Regardless of the game if there's a character editor I always consistently make it male though as I like to play rpg games and make choices i most likely would pick irl on first playthrough but there are cases I edit a female e.g. as a companion to my MC

Lol that's a start, also looks better than the last one

I see! I chose Rhino in WF as it represents me.  
8DfYPiX.jpg

For an operator, I choose a woman.
tog5KTe.jpg

I am currently improving myself (lifting weights, losing weights, and learning artificial intelligence) as I am becoming someone's pet as a grizzly bear. I am an ex-sergeant and now Ph.d student. 

11 hours ago, UnstarPrime said:

I laughed when I saw this game for the first time.  The overall aesthetic and character design look like something I would have seen 10 or 20 years ago.

Honestly, my main criticism of the game is that it seems too cowardly to openly be what it wants to be.  If you want to make sexual content, that's awesome, but do it earnestly and enthusiastically.  This product looks like the same old half-effort we've seen for decades now: someone who wants to make sexual content, but toes the line in an attempt to have some amount of plausible deniability about their product's sexuality; they lack the conviction to be open and proud about their creation, and that impacts the development of the product itself, rendering it basic and lackluster.

If this product was brave enough to just be what it wants to be, I can imagine checking it out.; it might not have ended up being for me, but at least it would be interesting.  But by all appearances the actual product being released looks like the same paint-by-numbers sex-action nutrient paste that had already been done to death a decade ago.

Some started playing the game!

• 1 month later...