Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impact/slash/puncture - Do You Really Like It?

-VyM

Well I feel like forced to change my fav weapons and pick something else depending on each mission, or i wont be doing as fine as i could.

That's the idea of the new damage system: "Don't use the same weapon for anything!"

But there are still weapons that can be used for anything like SOMA and BRAKK.

I don't use Soma just in principle and because I like to actually use something from my dojo, but I use Brakk mostly because as far as sidearms go, there's only two in the dojo and those are crap.

Edited by nekrojiji

....You can't just run around with one uber loadout and demolish every enemy no matter what their weaknesses are.....

Well, I cant say much about dmg 2.0 yet as i mstill experimenting, but you know...

You can kill a person as easy as a deer or a squirrel using a bazooka.

My point being, its not always about balance, but ease of use, and how fun

it is using the said weapon. Soe people like bringing a nuke to a knife fight.

Regards,

Stormfinnare

Edit: Please note, I own the copyright to all my typos.

Edited by Stormfinnare

One thing that bothers me: They explain the damage in terms of ammunition types (armor piercing, hollow point, slugs) and yet as you said, it's not a matter of simply changing ammunition. You have to completely switch guns. Of course, with elemental or laser tech this is less viable since it doesn't make much sense to be able to change a stream of fire or light to deal heavy impact damage. However, for the projectile based weapons I would love to see mods affect ammuntion.

Perhaps have something like an Aura slot for weapons but hard lock it to a certain "polarity" that would be tied to damage type. You could have "Bullet" type mod slots for most ranged weapons that switches between the three main. Of course, what you do with the rest is the hard part. The elemental ones might be able to switch element, but idk if that'd screw with things too much, perhaps have it make the base damage a combination type? Might work since the system in place is a bit awkward with elemental weapons. Of course that still leaves out the Flux rifle, spectra, and maybe the Dera and Supra. Not entirely sure how you could modify them without basically just going back to the bullet type... You'd also not really be able to change melee weapons too much (you could blunt some of them to make them impact, but piercing to slashing or vice versa doesn't make a lot of sense.

You don't have to look at it like at real life weapons, which are standardized. If that would be so..... how would you explain the more than 1000% damage bonus after you fully mod a weapon, if the weapons are like real weapons.

These weapons are crafted as a unique type. Some of them use blunt heavy projectiles which transfer a lot of kinetic energy to the target, others have heavy piercing projectiles that use their energy to dig trough tough armor and others have have light sharp projectiels that deal low damage to armored targets but butcher non protected targets. 

The weapons are intended to do one job, which I think it's great. Ninja's don't take the full arsenal for one mission. We know the mission and we gear up accordingly.

Physical damage type upgrade mods should just be a lot better, at least 100% bonus.(that means 33.33%) actual damage bonus which doesn't influence elemental damage.

Edited by nekrojiji

Well, I cant say much about dmg 2.0 yet as i mstill experimenting, but you know...

You can kill a person as easy as a deer or a squirrel using a bazooka.

Keep in mind that we are killing machines protected by super-futuristic shielding, highly armored clones bred for combat and nanite mutated organisms.

you'd think a weapon that specializes in 'piercing' would be able to bypass shields rather effectively?

a single blow of a highly focused kinetic strike could be too difficult for an adaptive shield system to cope with. (unless its something like the nanosuit from crysis where it's like an adaptive armor that literally changes its density and composition when it detects a threat and not some magical 'force field')

having said that though. I dont really have much of an issue weapons wise unless I am doing really tough missions (T3 void things or high waves on a defense or 25+ min in a survival) so unless I plan for something like that my weapon choice isnt influenced that much.

Yes, because the time in wich a projectile would hit you would be lower than the time in wich milions of nanobots rearange themselves in a heavier structure(that means more nanobots would have to come from nearby zones), is more plausible than just takign that damage and being able to fix or having a force field mitigate that damage.

And the shields are not "magical" ... every single interaction with a "hard" object you have happens because of the electric repulsion between your skin's atoms' outer electron shell and the outer electron shell of the object's atoms. The mastery of the four fundamental forces would give us (humans) force fields, among many other things.

Edited by nekrojiji

Well I feel like forced to change my fav weapons and pick something else depending on each mission, or i wont be doing as fine as i could.

Why cant it be related to mods? Like just one base dmg, and change it to slash, puncture or impact with the respectives mods. Or be it by just changing the tipe of ammunition.

I'd rather change my bullets or arrows for each mission than my whole gear. I dont feel the fun. I have got weaps enough to change for the most effectives from my collection for each mission, its not fun to me.

Even if i have to craft 3 versions of the lato for example, one oriented to fight each faction, i will do it for sure.

Is everyone happy with the way it works? Thats the only thing i dislike of dmg 2.0

Sorry for my english

I´m realy realy realy happy how it works , if u understand it u can have that much fun , it´s amazing, u only have to know what is good against what and the number a weapons now make sense to play

e.g a weapon against corpus need impakt and slash (eg strun wraith/bronco prime/fragor)

against infested need only slash (eg dread, brakk,dakkra)

and grineer needs punkture and slah (hek/aklex/jawsword)

void needs all (grakata,brakk,galatine)

the variation of mods and that all makes the game rly much more customize with not only one best build, think about guns like ogris,torid,synapse,ignis, embolist ....  they can be good against every fraktion if u change the elemental right