Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Desired name already taken

skhar

Question

Hey Tenno :)

before I contact support about this, I'd like to ask you first.

My usual name I use has been already taken so I chose another one. Now I'm wondering if there is any chance for me to get the other name? Like, is there a usual procedure (for this probably quite unusual request) to follow?
How do I know if the account with the desired name is still active? Would it be possible to get the "abandoned" name, if the account is inactive for a certain period of time?
Is there any way to contact them? Ingame is only possible via lucky whisper or friend request? Are Forum names always identical, so I can send a DM here? What can I do if its inactive and I get no answer?
If the account is still active, responds to my message and is willing to change their name for me, can I gift them the namechange?

I appreciate any input you can give me on this :) thx!

4 answers to this question

IIRC, if the account is just very low MR trash account you can get the name relatively quickly for yourself.

If it is someone that has played for a while, they have to be inactive for 2 years.

Just contact support, tell them the name you want and assure them you are willing to pay the 200p for it (otherwise they'll ask you if you want to pay and you have to wait another 1-2 weeks until someone read your ticket.)

You can give them the plat for the name change if they are still active, but don't expect someone to just give up their name like that, if they decide to take your plat and ignore you, DE won't help and you're sol.

You can type /profile (NAMEHERE) into the ingame chat and check out their mastered weapons to get a rough idea if they're still active or not.

• Like 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb 16Bitman:

You can type /profile (NAMEHERE) into the ingame chat and check out their mastered weapons to get a rough idea if they're still active or not.

That comes in very handy! When I type it in with my desired name it tries to open their profile, says their name followed by "#915" and the PC logo at the top but then gives me an error message "Given Username does not exist." When I enter the number behind the name it tells me "Cannot sync to Warframe database due to no internet connection."
Is that a good or a bad sign?
Other profile lookups work fine, with and without the number behind it. Tried it with my own and from a friend.

I might try to contact support about it then. Do I have to pay the 200plat twice, once for the other account and once for me?

14 minutes ago, aMoKhAhN said:

That comes in very handy! When I type it in with my desired name it tries to open their profile, says their name followed by "#915" and the PC logo at the top but then gives me an error message "Given Username does not exist." When I enter the number behind the name it tells me "Cannot sync to Warframe database due to no internet connection."
Is that a good or a bad sign?
Other profile lookups work fine, with and without the number behind it. Tried it with my own and from a friend.

I might try to contact support about it then. Do I have to pay the 200plat twice, once for the other account and once for me?

No, the other account will get renamed to something like "Tenno2348234" and will get an inbox message offering them a free name change.

I can't really tell you why the lookup failed, it happened to me too earlier when I wanted to check out a console account name, but when I check someone on my friendlist that has been offline for 3000 days, it works fine.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thx for your input and the quick help you provided :)

I contacted the support about it and gave hopefully all needed information and confirmation for the 200plat payment.

edit: The name was free for me to obtain it and they changed it :)

Edited by skhar