Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Relics omelette

Hi,

I feel it's been around for a long time now. When I want to open a specific relic, I find myself fighting with the menu and mission rotations. Especially with Neo and Meso relics.

It's obvious we want the fastest mission we can get. So Capture, Extermination, Espionage are on top. Defense like, Excavation, Survival are the least preferred ones (5 mins per relic).

Sadly when I'm forced to run a mission that is not "my favorite one", I see other players joining late (and vice versa).

What about a little change ?

What if you could select :

• the mission type and being able to open one or more relics depending on this criteria.
  • freely the relic type to open (the whole squad keeps the same relic type)
  • a level of difficulty that enables you to open more relics (the incentive). In the form of a multiplier that leaves the fastest mission to the minimum number of opened relics. And the "longest" get some extra.

Ex:

• Difficulty 1 : Capture opens 1, Defense opens 2 per 5 mins, Alchemy opens 3 per cycle.
  • Difficulty 2 (steel path) : Capture opens 1, Defense opens 3 per 5 mins, Alchemy opens 4 per cycle.
  • Difficulty 3 (Some nightmare mode) : Capture opens 2, Defense opens 4 per 5 mins, Alchemy opens 5 per cycle.

I think there's enough people out there to be able to make a squad of 4 players with those kind of settings. In fact i think there would be some "farmers" that will totally invert their course of action concerning relics.

It would be doable in the actual interface given a little size reduction to make it all fit in the screen.

This would require a little tuning (for difficulty vs incentive) but as we have more types of relic, and more type of mission. This may be interesting.

This would :

• be helpful for people who store in the attic hundreds if not thousands of relics. And just want to "pop" some to
  • be something helpful for the market. The healthier the market, the healthier the game.
  • the more parts on the market we see, the more diminished the little sharks are.

• Like 1