Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abilities reset after host migration

dankbongripper98

As a Nezha main I've been bothered with having to recast my 3rd ability every time there's a host migration. Majority of the time it's not a problem, except for when you cannot get any energy in that moment. I wish for abilities to not reset and it would be a great q.o.l. improvement 

• Like 4

Ah yes, tha infamous host migration. Sadly, the issues with this are much more severe than just this and it has been like this forever. Not possible to fix, due to machmaking mechanics.

Yes agreed! If I stay behind because I got the Smeeta Kavat Double Charm buff I shouldn't then immediately be punished by said reason if I am staying due to everyone else extracting thus losing me my buff in the host migration.

Edited by Numerounius

On 2024-04-12 at 5:35 AM, Lunastune said:

The only way to fix stuff like this would probably be to eventually find a feasible way to move over to dedicated servers instead of peer to peer.

This would be an incredible but too idealistic solution for DE. Tbh the only solution?

They could also fix this without dedicated servers, by storing the buff information client-side and relaying it to the new session host after migration, picking up the timers and buffs where they left off. I'm not sure why they currently don't, other than that buffs list being arbitrarily long and possibly having to load ability scripts for players that left the session (i.e. you have a buff from a player no longer in the squad, so you'd have to keep their last known stats or calculations as part of the buff itself). It might just be too much work to account for every single ability script and buff to make sure it doesn't break on migration so they just remove them all, but it would be very nice QoL feature to have.