Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Warframe freezes for some seconds after missions and in relay

Im_Very_Primed_Now

Hey guys! 

I have a problem with Warframe since I've started playing and just thought I could get some help here. 

I play in PS5 and With a lot of frequency my game freezes after missions and sometimes at relay. It's not every time though but I think it may be multiplayer related because some rare times when I start a mission and get in matchmaking with other players it keeps me at the loading screen for more time than normal then the mission "starts" but players and enemies do not move and take damage... After some seconds I get a host migration and end up alone. I dunno if it's related but that's it. Hope anybody can help me. 

Here are some examples of freezings I get:

Freeze after mission

Freeze in Relay

Freeze in Relay 2

Freeze + host migration after mission start

Edited by Im_Very_Primed_Now
Corrected situation and added a video for it
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2024-05-19 at 11:13 AM, WhiteRaver said:

I have exactly the same issue. Did anyone reply about it?

Nope, nothing. 

BTW where are you from and which ISP you use? The ISP were my first guess but I never saw anyone else with this issue. 

Posted (edited)

If it were your ISP I'd expect "Network not responding" to pop up while there was a pause in communication or route negotiation. I'm on PC, not console, but that looks like loading to me. After a mission it's got to load your ship and any decorations you have placed. I imaging being dropped from the squad is because your machine is bogged down and then the other end gives up on you when it doesn't hear back for several seconds.

When going to a relay it has to load the relay itself and all of the fashion for everyone at the relay. Perhaps your storage is very full or fragmented on your console. Do you have stuff you can clear out or does the PS5 have a cleanup function for storage?

Edited by Hobie-wan

3 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

If it were your ISP I'd expect "Network not responding" to pop up while there was a pause in communication or route negotiation.

To clarify, this isn't entirely true - the specific network pathing taken could be perfectly fine for DE's servers (which that pop-up only appears IIRC after like, 20 - 30s of not receiving a response) and not to other peers in missions. It could still be an ISP issue without manifesting itself as "network not responding" since that's exclusive to DE's server responses and only after a specific time period.

On 2024-04-11 at 8:51 PM, Im_Very_Primed_Now said:

I play in PS5 and With a lot of frequency my game freezes after missions and sometimes at relay. It's not every time though but I think it may be multiplayer related because some rare times when I start a mission and get in matchmaking with other players it keeps me at the loading screen for more time than normal then the mission "starts" but players and enemies do not move and take damage... After some seconds I get a host migration and end up alone. I dunno if it's related but that's it. Hope anybody can help me. 

It could be related to timely loading of assets from disk, based on what I can tell - it seems to happen every time someone connects, either in a squad or a relay, since the game has to load all of the assets for that person immediately and will pause what it's doing if it can't do that in the background asynchronously. I don't think it's network related, since in your last example (railjack one) the player who was loading is fully loaded when it unfreezes, meaning network activity did occur during the timeframe the game itself was "frozen", as it continues to process audio in the background, just the game / graphics logic requires assets to proceed rendering the scene. You could test this by very quickly connecting to a mission and disconnecting your system to the internet (i.e. unplug ethernet cord or something similar), then reconnecting, and there should be no prolonged freeze.

I'd be curious to see if either reinstalling the game, or moving it to a different drive for the system (especially if it's on an external one atm), resolves it. There's also some rare bug I've got on occasion where the game gets confused and reloads the entire player's loadout again as spot loading, causing prolonged freezing, but I've only had this occur immediately after missions (not during) and not as frequently as you're having it happen.

22 hours ago, Nekomian said:

To clarify, this isn't entirely true - the specific network pathing taken could be perfectly fine for DE's servers (which that pop-up only appears IIRC after like, 20 - 30s of not receiving a response) and not to other peers in missions. It could still be an ISP issue without manifesting itself as "network not responding" since that's exclusive to DE's server responses and only after a specific time period.

At least on PC when my internet is being crappy, the game visuals never completely freeze as they do in the OP's examples. Heck, even when someone else is the host and they fall off the face off the Earth for some reason, there's still usually some rubberbanding or running in place going on before everything gives up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2024-06-02 at 4:50 PM, Nekomian said:

It could be related to timely loading of assets from disk, based on what I can tell - it seems to happen every time someone connects, either in a squad or a relay, since the game has to load all of the assets for that person immediately and will pause what it's doing if it can't do that in the background asynchronously. I don't think it's network related, since in your last example (railjack one) the player who was loading is fully loaded when it unfreezes, meaning network activity did occur during the timeframe the game itself was "frozen", as it continues to process audio in the background, just the game / graphics logic requires assets to proceed rendering the scene. You could test this by very quickly connecting to a mission and disconnecting your system to the internet (i.e. unplug ethernet cord or something similar), then reconnecting, and there should be no prolonged freeze.

I'd be curious to see if either reinstalling the game, or moving it to a different drive for the system (especially if it's on an external one atm), resolves it. There's also some rare bug I've got on occasion where the game gets confused and reloads the entire player's loadout again as spot loading, causing prolonged freezing, but I've only had this occur immediately after missions (not during) and not as frequently as you're having it happen.

Here are the current status of my investigation of this issue:

My ps5 have an 1tb m2 ssd on it but wf was installed at console storage. Sent wf to m2 storage > problem persists. 

Deleted wf + rebuild ps5 database + reinstall > problem persists. 

Fkd up with my mobile data trying wf with my phone routing it's mobile internet (5g) to ps5 > PROBLEM DIDN'T HAPPENED even with the loaded server with the Jade's launch. 

Everything leads us to some kind of networking problem. I'll try config some different DNS in my router and pray for the problem don't happen again so we can kill the root of the problem 👀

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-06-19 at 12:22 AM, Im_Very_Primed_Now said:

Here are the current status of my investigation of this issue:

My ps5 have an 1tb m2 ssd on it but wf was installed at console storage. Sent wf to m2 storage > problem persists. 

Deleted wf + rebuild ps5 database + reinstall > problem persists. 

Fkd up with my mobile data trying wf with my phone routing it's mobile internet (5g) to ps5 > PROBLEM DIDN'T HAPPENED even with the loaded server with the Jade's launch. 

Everything leads us to some kind of networking problem. I'll try config some different DNS in my router and pray for the problem don't happen again so we can kill the root of the problem 👀

Tried changing dns in router and in PS and the problem persists. 

I test the game sometimes in my mobile internet and still didn't got it to happen.

PS: I'm the author of this post (Im_Very_Primed_Now) I think I lost my forum account when I changed it in wf site 😅

Changed my ISP yesterday and the problem didn't occurs at least until now (and it were frequent) 

If you have this problem and your ISP can't help you with it then the only way is changing it. 

I noticed my gaming experience with other games seems to be better now btw