Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Gyre Rotorswell duration cap using Cathode Grace is inconsistent, clearly bugged in some way

I have been playing a lot of Gyre the last months and just today I noticed a bug. The duration cap for Rotorswell when using Cathode Grace is weirdly lower than usual. I usually have a dur cap of around 80 seconds. When playing in regular missions today, I noticed that the duration cap weirdly was around 30. Also, for some reason, I got a new cap of 60 mid-mission. The cap is inconsistent and very clearly bugged in some way. I replicated the bug by simply starting any mission and playing as normal. It works as intended in Simulacrum though, which is very strange, but convenient as I could easily showcase the bug. Here is a youtube video, description for details:

Right, perhaps I was hasty with posting this. I didn't test if this was just an UI bug. Unfortunately, the ability turns off when the timer in the UI is over, so this is not just a UI bug.

are you sure you didnt just recast her 4 at some point? bc it will only gain the extra duration if her 3 isn't already maxxed, so if you have a maxxed 3 and a new 4, her 4 wont get all that much extra duration. not uncommon to deal with doing stuff like relics, recasting for the str buff etc, but not really a bug or anything

been playing Gyre a lot lately myself and havent really experienced any issues with her 4 like that, so unless im misunderstanding theres no issue, just be mindful of when youre casting it

On 2024-04-14 at 5:45 PM, Rayze421 said:

are you sure you didnt just recast her 4 at some point? bc it will only gain the extra duration if her 3 isn't already maxxed, so if you have a maxxed 3 and a new 4, her 4 wont get all that much extra duration. not uncommon to deal with doing stuff like relics, recasting for the str buff etc, but not really a bug or anything

been playing Gyre a lot lately myself and havent really experienced any issues with her 4 like that, so unless im misunderstanding theres no issue, just be mindful of when youre casting it

Thank you for this. I was noticing something similar when doing conjunction survival and also thought it was bugged, but then read this and realized I was indeed recasting Rotorswell when inside the Dax field for the boost. Now that I'm rereading the wording of Cathode Current, it makes sense that since it only extends Rotorswell by the same amount Cathode Grace extends, if Cathode Grace can't extend any more then neither can Rotorswell.