Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Rework

Godlysparta

I think Valkyr is a frame that gets slept on way too much so I want provide some suggestions on how she could improve. 

Passive

Valkyr will always land on her feet and does not take heavy falls. When enemies are near her, she gains knockdown immunity. If she does become knockdown, she recovers 50% faster.

Passive gets some touch ups. She's now completely immune to knockdown... if you're near an enemy. Mostly to emphasize her melee playstyle.

Rip Line

Valkyr launches a rip line. If it hits an enemy, it will suck other enemies towards that enemy before pulling her to them. If it doesn't hit anything or hits a surface, she pulls herself towards the end of the line. She may recast this mid air to instantly pull her towards the line. Can no longer pull allies.

Adds more to her Rip Line. It's definitely a staple ability of her kit and I wanted to make it more useful. She now pulls herself towards the enemies and now it will also pull enemies around the initial enemy hit. Makes it more useful for mobility and her kit in general. I also wanted to have the ability to do what Teshin did in the New War on a Warframe so, why not?

Warcry

Valkyr lets out a deafening cry, slowing enemies around her. Allies within range receive armor based on enemies hit and the enemy levels along with increased melee attack speed and damage.

This ability now also scales with enemies around you so it's best to use it in a group of enemies. Also, due to her new ability to pull enemies in, you can rip line into a group of enemies and then Warcry to get all that armor. It will also help with her new Paralysis.

Paralysis

Valkyr releases her rage, striking enemies in front of her, Enemies hit take additional damage based on her current armor value and removes armor on enemies of the same amount. If enemies have shields, she temporarily disables them.

Now this ability can do some damage and now it can remove armor too. If she hits enemies with Warcry, she will now to able to strip armor completely. This is now an ability that can really make Valkyr feel like a ruthless berserker, instilling fear amongst her enemies.

Hysteria

Valkyr is imbued with rage, unleashing her claws and her rip lines. She becomes immune to damage in this state and will restore her health with every hit. Each successful hit will also make her rip lines flair about, doing damage to enemies nearby. If she takes damage in this state, it will drain a bit of energy. After Hysteria is disabled, she will have all her shields removed (triggering shield gating).

This ability now does more damage and I feel like is a much more fair compromise to her being invincible forever. It allows her to still use her abilities but not take too many hits (kinda like Revenant's Mesmer Skin but with energy drain and no iframes). Also, because her claws are kinda on the weaker side of damage now, she also gets a damage aura that will only be sustained if she keeps hitting enemies with her claws. She will no longer take damage at the end of her Hysteria but she will lose all her shields, forcing her to retreat or to gain enough armor to negate incoming damage. Otherwise, it functions as it already does.

I think Valkyr is a frame that has done well for the most part but has been phased out due to power creep. I think this addresses a lot of major concerns about Valkyr without changing her kit outright. It provides some potential solutions for her kit. I personally don't think she's in too bad of a spot compared to some other frames but I do want to see her improved.