The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

My friend cant join

TrendyCard7_MLG

So me and my 2 other buddies are all trying to play together, we are able to all get into a squad together but as soon as we load into a mission one keeps getting kicked. We tried to fix this by just switching the host and when he did host it kicked all of us, he tried resetting his pc, internet and finally tried to redownload warframe and it still did not work. Is there a way to fix this and if so what is it, we have been having this issue for a year and a half.

To @TrendyCard7_MLG,

The first thing is to check Ping Limit in options, you must set it to No limit.

At 200ms, if one player move to 205ms with host, he is disconnected from squad.

Low ping is good for better random squad, Average ping for friends or crossplay, High ping or No limit for invite.

15 hours ago, TrendyCard7_MLG said:

Is there a way to fix this and if so what is it, we have been having this issue for a year and a half.

You'd need to make sure there's no issue with UDP tunneling - if you and your friends go into the settings and click "analyze network", it should say "all systems nominal" and potentially "UPnP detected". It's likely an issue where one of your friends (or you) can't stay connected to the host due to some weird network pathing or equipment issues. Y'all could try switching the in-game ports it uses or manually enabling port forwarding for them in router settings too, to see if that helps. Every network topology can be different and have weird fringe case issues, so you kinda just have to troubleshoot and try stuff and see what works.

2 hours ago, RLanzinger said:

The first thing is to check Ping Limit in options, you must set it to No limit.

At 200ms, if one player move to 205ms with host, he is disconnected from squad.

I've brought this up to you before but - this is only for matchmaking, it is not enforced in squads or gameplay. It will not suddenly disconnect you either, and it won't prevent you from joining invites - it just shows you a warning if your ping is higher than the limit to host, and you can click "OK" and join regardless. I regularly play with people from the EU with 200ms+ ping with no issues, despite my limit being set at 175ms. The game is pretty lenient with client-host latencies, it has a 7.5s network timeout during gameplay too.