The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL Needed and long overdue... For the love of all things holy increase the drop chance of Bite [companion mod]

ExcaliburSpecter

The drop chance of this mod is ridiculous I have been farming for it for the past month, almost 100 million credits and stupid amount of rare mods spent on transmutations (EVEN USING TRANSMUTATION CORES!), countless Drahk kills while using Nekros desecrate,  and having 2 friends with me running Khora, and other running hydroid. 

a drop chance of 0.0066%.... WHAT? for a companion mod?....

why is this mod so stupidly rare, like out of all my hours of playing this game, the number of Drahks ive killed throughout the game. Not a single drop of this mod. 

and i know someone is gunna go jUsT tRaDe FoR iT...........NO!!!! why should i spend my platinum on a mod that is unnecessarily locked behind one of the dumbest drop chances in the game...

Also the probability that you get struck by lightning within your lifetime is 1/15,000.
The chance of this mod dropping (apparently) is 1/15,152.

YOU HAVE A HIGHER CHANCE OF BEING STRUCK BY LIGHTNING WITHIN YOUR LIFETIME THAN THIS MOD DROPPING....

DE Please sort the drop rate of this mod out.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just tired of how much time and credits I've wasted in trying to get this mod. I just want to finish my panzer vulpaphyla build.

Edited by ExcaliburSpecter
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExcaliburSpecter said:

a drop chance of 0.0066%.... WHAT? for a companion mod?....

It is not its main source. This is:

Mission Drop Tables

Mission Type Source Rotations
or
Drop Table
Chance[1] Quantity[2] Avg. per roll[3] Star Chart Nodes
Sabotage Earth Sabotage Resource Caches C 3.67% 1 0.0367

I have farmed several so far, but I only do this mission where there is another incentive (NW, Riven opening, SIlver Grove).

Edited by Zakkhar

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Mission Drop Tables

Mission Type Source Rotations
or
Drop Table
Chance[1] Quantity[2] Avg. per roll[3] Star Chart Nodes
Sabotage Earth Sabotage Resource Caches C 3.67% 1 0.0367

I have tried this too... still nothing. around 700+ missions of this, done all 3 caches everytime

Edited by ExcaliburSpecter
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

I find this hard to believe. Even harder that you keep count. 

Especially for a mod only worth 50 Platinum. That is so many hours of this (typically unrewarding) mission instead of a handful of Fissures for Prime parts for trading. This kind of reminds me of those who farmed for Xiphos.

Drop rates in this game are tricky. Yes, some are a bit rare, but the value of things is honestly often quite low because they are often traded and one-and-done rewards. Even the more rare stuff like Lato and Braton Vandal only peak at around 400 Platinum. Given how many hours it takes to farm a set of those, they're still not that valuable compared to just farming for Platinum.

Edited by Voltage

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

That is so many hours of this (typically unrewarding) mission

Well, maybe for some people unrewarding, but I personally love searching for (and finding) secret spots and rooms.

Yes, I am aware it has limited spaws, unlike Medalions, but I do not think I have seen every single one yet (guess I am not as seasoned as OP with 700+ missions): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2545943621

Spoiler

Tile 10 doesnt ring a bell

Edited by Zakkhar