The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of weapons to be primed

Posted (edited)
On 2024-05-04 at 11:27 AM, TARINunit9 said:

Excuse my nitpicking but these are Dax weapons (they are still absolutely Prime worthy)

Source on this lore? It's not in the Helios or Helios Prime codex entries

In fact, I'm fairly sure a codex entry -- I want to say it's for the Helios variant, Sol, which appears in the Index -- says that Helios is a modern creation of Alad V's.

Edit: Yep. Loaded game, checked codex.

The Loan Reclamation Division worked closely with Alad V on several ventures during his tenure on the Corpus Board of Directors. Despite his involuntary retirement, it is speculated that the Xol Brothers still undertake assignments on his behalf. These robots, based on Alad V's own patented designs, were delivered as payment rendered and only serve to strengthen such suspicions.

Spoiler

0ytD2Dg.png

Edited by Packetdancer
  • Like 1

hace 39 minutos, Packetdancer dijo:

Realistically, we've already left the realm of "this made sense lore-wise" when it comes to Primes.

Valkyr Prime should not be Valkyr Prime, as Valkyr is the result of modern-day torture and experimentation in Corpus labs; we've seen with her deluxe that Valkyr's original pre-torture form was Gersemi. Revenant Prime should not exist, given that Revenant is the merger of a frame with a sentient eidolon's energy. Xaku Prime is on the horizon, and that's another one which shouldn't exist; by rights, the Prime variant would be three separate Primes (whatever the original three lost frames that make up Xaku are). There will eventually be a Caliban Prime, and there's another one which by rights should probably not have a Prime variant.

I agree that it's unlikely we'll see Grineer or Corpus weapons Primed -- their 'upgraded' versions are Kuva or Tenet variants -- but let's not pretend we're still adhering strictly to the original lore interpretation of what Primed variants mean.

If I remember correctly, DE already made a lore-patch to those primes that should not exist: some of them “earn” the prime form while others already have the prime variant on hand (although I have to admit Valkyr Prime is the most nonsensical of them all even if taking into account the lore-patch)

The earlier statement was made with the creation of the prime resurgence system, if u want to check it out.

2 minutes ago, ShruikanUmbra said:

If I remember correctly, DE already made a lore-patch to those primes that should not exist: some of them “earn” the prime form while others already have the prime variant on hand (although I have to admit Valkyr Prime is the most nonsensical of them all even if taking into account the lore-patch)

The earlier statement was made with the creation of the prime resurgence system, if u want to check it out.

I do recall this, yes. But it still doesn't entirely make sense for Revenant Prime, Valkyr Prime, or Xaku Prime.

But more to the point, that lore patch only provides additional reason to say "well, if it would make a good Prime, they can always hand-wave it away." Saying "X can't be a Prime because it isn't a Tenno design dating to the Orokin era" demonstrably has not stopped some things from being Primed. :)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Packetdancer said:

In fact, I'm fairly sure a codex entry -- I want to say it's for the Helios variant, Sol, which appears in the Index -- says that Helios is a modern creation of Alad V's.

Let's see here, Index enemies, "Lockjaw and Sol"...

"These robots, based on Alad V's own patented designs were delivered as payment for services rendered"

Lockjaw is a Zanuka, definitely an Alad design. As for Sol, I can see this going a few different ways. Maybe you're right and it actually is a Corpus Robot. Maybe the Valkyr whom Alad captured all those years ago had a Helios Prime and Alad reverse-engineered that. Maybe "these robots" only refers to multiple copies of Lockjaw (unlikely but possible).

Just now, Packetdancer said:

I do recall this, yes. But it still doesn't entirely make sense for Revenant Prime, Valkyr Prime, or Xaku Prime.

Valkyr P and Revenant P just needed to be named "Gersemi Prime" and "Warden Prime" and there would be no issues. Xaku Prime, I don't see any issues -- the Tenno have built their own Warframes before (Nova) and even gotten them Primed (Nova Prime) so Xaku Prime has a perfect in for their lore

• Like 2

Hello everyone:

It’s been a while since the last update of the list, so now we can all check those weapons left to get the orokin treatment.

What are the weapons you’re waiting for to get primed?

• 2 months later...