The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could Scintillant Spawns on Deimos be reviewed alongside the upcoming Necramech Acquisition changes?

The Scintillant farm is still a huge pain-point, on Deimos. Scintillant has a random chance to be in the Isolation vaults in a random location, or to drop from bounties (with the best method being to simply repeat the first stage of the bounty repeatedly, like with how aya used to be).
Part of what makes pity systems such as those that Liches or recent frames have, work, is that, when running the mission, even if you do not get what you want, you are still making some progress toward your goal. Scintillant cannot be bought from the syndicate, meaning that it is the very opposite of those systems. If you did not get a Scintillant, you made no progress, it is effectively a slot machine where you either get it, or get nothing, which makes farming it feel particularly soul-crushing when a player gets repeatedly unlucky and Scintillant does not spawn for them. Scintillant is also known to be buggy, and to not appear for certain players in multiplayer missions.
It was mentioned that the team plans to review Necramech acquisition on Deimos soon, and I was wondering if, while doing so, they could also review how players acquire Scintillant, and maybe make it a more guaranteed reward, or available in more ways.
I am writing this as i have just come off of 2 hours of farming Scintillant, just to make no progress at all toward the end goal. The missions did not feel fun or engaging, and knowing that every time I did not get what i was looking for, I had effectively accomplished nothing and wasted my time, as I had made no progress toward acquiring any Scintillant, felt extremely soul-crushing, and has made me just not enjoy my experience at all.

Evey open world/new content has these items that are somewhat problematic to farm: PoE has wisps, Fortuna has Atmo Systems and Toroids, Deimos has Scintilliant, Zariman has Entrati Lanthorn and Voidplumes.

2 hours ago, SneachtOra said:

I am writing this as i have just come off of 2 hours of farming Scintillant, just to make no progress at all toward the end goal

My advice is to not farm specifically for this. Just get it along the way. Farm for other things like Damaged Necramech weapon parts, Sporothrix/Arum spinosa, Arcanes etc. 

2 hours ago, SneachtOra said:

The missions did not feel fun or engaging, and knowing that every time I did not get what i was looking for, I had effectively accomplished nothing and wasted my time, as I had made no progress toward acquiring any Scintillant, felt extremely soul-crushing, and has made me just not enjoy my experience at all.

That is all because you have defined the wrong goal. Play whole mission, whole content as it is meant to be experienced. Do not try those "the best methods". They work on paper, not irl.

Scintillant can be easily abused by spamming the house cleaning mission, looting it, and abandoning. rinse and repeat. the vault seed stays the same and you'll get it every time.

if it doesnt spawn just go back to the necralisk and then back out to deimos