The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chill Solo Relic Grind

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Just wanna point out that if you read the second paragraph in the OP, it is very much angled as a suggestion for others. Both with how that paragraph starts "Go into" followed by "Hide under", "and let the clone kill everything", "you need to", "I recommend" and then ended with "Happy Farming!". It is practically framed as a bite sized guide for others. And the behavior could lead to potential bans or suspensions due to being "shady" activities.

You clearly missed the point and that’s ok, the issues was that Slightly used the word “tell” OBVIOUSLY op wasn't telling people to do this practice they made their observations and how they do things, this has been established if you want to carry this on i’m cool with it:)

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

vor 15 Minuten schrieb SneakyErvin:

Just wanna point out that if you read the second paragraph in the OP, it is very much angled as a suggestion for others. Both with how that paragraph starts "Go into" followed by "Hide under", "and let the clone kill everything", "you need to", "I recommend" and then ended with "Happy Farming!". It is practically framed as a bite sized guide for others. And the behavior could lead to potential bans or suspensions due to being "shady" activities.

OP is definitely on the safe side at the moment. He has been warned enough here and won't lose his account so easily.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

You clearly missed the point and that’s ok, the issues was that Slightly used the word “tell” OBVIOUSLY op wasn't telling people to do this practice they made their observations and how they do things, this has been established if you want to carry this on i’m cool with it:)

The wording is telling, not observational, since it is straight up instructions. It doesnt matter what his actual intent was, since people cant read minds. There isnt a single word in that whole paragraph that is about him and his observations, just suggestions aimed towards others. I mean, there is only a single instance where the OP refers to himself and that is in "I recommend". As Slightly went over, there are several variations of "tell". The OP is telling "how to" pretty much, along with "you could" but not "you should". Different degrees, still telling.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The wording is telling, not observational, since it is straight up instructions. It doesnt matter what his actual intent was, since people cant read minds. There isnt a single word in that whole paragraph that is about him and his observations, just suggestions aimed towards others. I mean, there is only a single instance where the OP refers to himself and that is in "I recommend". As Slightly went over, there are several variations of "tell". The OP is telling "how to" pretty much, along with "you could" but not "you should". Different degrees, still telling.

That’s your opinion 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

That’s your opinion 

It is really just english language (or well most languages) and sentence structure. For some reason I get the feeling you think "tell" here refers to something else, potentially "incite" or "invite" or something similar. When in reality what "we" mean is that "tell" here would more look towards synonyms such as "reveal" "make aware of" or something similar.

Telling people how to do something isnt the same as telling people to do something. But both result in someone telling others.

• Like 2

vor 20 Minuten schrieb (PSN)FrDiabloFr:

That’s your opinion 

true. but that's the case everywhere. and that has nothing to do with reality. So don't take it personally.
Because even the eyes don't represent reality at all and can be deceived with tricks. I'm currently reading a book about it and was very surprised at how the brain deceives us or looks for short ways to interpret.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is really just english language (or well most languages) and sentence structure. For some reason I get the feeling you think "tell" here refers to something else, potentially "incite" or "invite" or something similar. When in reality what "we" mean is that "tell" here would more look towards synonyms such as "reveal" "make aware of" or something similar.

Telling people how to do something isnt the same as telling people to do something. But both result in someone telling others.

I’m British, if i said for example “i’m telling you not asking you” this is common here tell can be interpreted as an order you can say English language however you like it can be easily be misinterpreted  in different countries, regions etc saying “ it is really just English language” means absolutely nothing English has been utterly bastardised my main concern and this is super, super simple was op was already dicing on the edge with afk exploits, I didn’t want them to potentially get more grief by being misinterpreted as to telling people to do something when they were not, if people wish to come at me that is totally fine, i’m cool with people not agreeing with me.

28 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

true. but that's the case everywhere. and that has nothing to do with reality. So don't take it personally.
Because even the eyes don't represent reality at all and can be deceived with tricks. I'm currently reading a book about it and was very surprised at how the brain deceives us or looks for short ways to interpret.

Please show me where i took anything personally 

20 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

I’m British, if i said for example “i’m telling you not asking you” this is common here tell can be interpreted as an order you can say English language however you like it can be easily be misinterpreted  in different countries, regions etc saying “ it is really just English language” means absolutely nothing English has been utterly bastardised my main concern and this is super, super simple was op was already dicing on the edge with afk exploits, I didn’t want them to potentially get more grief by being misinterpreted as to telling people to do something when they were not, if people wish to come at me that is totally fine, i’m cool with people not agreeing with me.

That just means the act of telling has a wide meaning depending on the context and structure of what is written. Here in the OP telling would be the same as informing and guiding. Just as someone can tell a story etc. I also dont see anyone that misinterpreted what he wrote, just that he shouldnt tell people (about) it since it can lead to bans etc. if someone makes use of it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

That just means the act of telling has a wide meaning depending on the context and structure of what is written. Here in the OP telling would be the same as informing and guiding. Just as someone can tell a story etc. I also dont see anyone that misinterpreted what he wrote, just that he shouldnt tell people (about) it since it can lead to bans etc. if someone makes use of it.

Sure, you’re really just echoing what i just said tbh, i basically said the language is bastardised things can have multiple meanings, again this has been addressed and understood it just feels like you just trying to pick at everything little thing now, no biggy.

Again my concern was like fool already pointed out, people have had negative actions taken on their accounts from saying things on the forum, op was already dicing, i didn’t like the idea that they were bring painted out to be telling people how to play afk style wise incase they do get punished, it really, really isn’t that deep i was concerned another player may get screwed that’s all it comes down to, after speaking with slightly i totally get what he was saying and we sorted it out and it’s all good.

32 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Sure, you’re really just echoing what i just said tbh, i basically said the language is bastardised things can have multiple meanings, again this has been addressed and understood it just feels like you just trying to pick at everything little thing now, no biggy.

Again my concern was like fool already pointed out, people have had negative actions taken on their accounts from saying things on the forum, op was already dicing, i didn’t like the idea that they were bring painted out to be telling people how to play afk style wise incase they do get punished, it really, really isn’t that deep i was concerned another player may get screwed that’s all it comes down to, after speaking with slightly i totally get what he was saying and we sorted it out and it’s all good.

It looked more like a simple heads up when I read the comment you pointed out. And given how wide the meaning of the word that was used is, it covers everything you might want to avoid bringing to the attention of others. But it seemed like the OP didnt really care anyway, since the post is still there compeltely unedited with nothing redacted.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It looked more like a simple heads up when I read the comment you pointed out. And given how wide the meaning of the word that was used is, it covers everything you might want to avoid bringing to the attention of others. But it seemed like the OP didnt really care anyway, since the post is still there compeltely unedited with nothing redacted.

Ye, i get you maybe irl stuff has been a factor, or something like that i can only speculate i just don’t want to see someone get fked over you and i both know some people are hyper sensitive on here it be sad to see someone get screwed for something so petty if you get me?

11 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Ye, i get you maybe irl stuff has been a factor, or something like that i can only speculate i just don’t want to see someone get fked over you and i both know some people are hyper sensitive on here it be sad to see someone get screwed for something so petty if you get me?

Of course. However if I did something wrong and wasnt aware of it, I would prefer if someone told me that. Instead of just people reporting it for instance. In this case I could then alter whatever is needed to not have it break any rules. I mean, aslong as his OP exsists he is already screwing himself over if DE sees it and finds it an offense.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Of course. However if I did something wrong and wasnt aware of it, I would prefer if someone told me that. Instead of just people reporting it for instance. In this case I could then alter whatever is needed to not have it break any rules. I mean, aslong as his OP exsists he is already screwing himself over if DE sees it and finds it an offense.

Ohh ye, again i agree with you, (he who shall not be named) has closed threads for less, I’m actually rather surprised this hasn’t been stealth deleted it’s their mo or at very least stealth deleting comments like you said, a fair bit of what op said is questionable and could easily fall into the “exploit” spectrum I genuinely don’t think that is or was their intent.