Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Want The Old "quick Thinking" Back

2Fat2Kill2

That's fine if you believe that, if you don't want to discuss it then don't call me out.

I'm gonna agree with you here, lanka with be the better choice for that high of a level, the ~50k damage (or whatever it deals) is normally wasted on everything (because they only need a few thousand damage), but shines vs the super high levels, as long as you keep it stocked up with ammo.

But yes, Soma might have the better DPS, but requires more ammo per kill

I'm gonna agree with you here, lanka with be the better choice for that high of a level, the ~50k damage (or whatever it deals) is normally wasted on everything (because they only need a few thousand damage), but shines vs the super high levels, as long as you keep it stocked up with ammo.

But yes, Soma might have the better DPS, but requires more ammo per kill

I'd agree with you here too but I disagree with Shibboleet claiming that soma is junk vs. high levels. Now soma is far superior as NOTHING is AI anymore. GG. 

Edited by 2Fat2Kill2

I'd agree with you here too but I disagree with Shibboleet claiming that soma is junk vs. high levels. Now soma is far superior as NOTHING is AI anymore. GG. 

Soma requires too much ammo, it could take over a clip to kill one enemy easily. Lanka might take a clip too, but has 7 more remaining.

Also, Lanka (and synapse, really any electric weapon) being electric is a huge buff, because of the fact it can become corrosive/magnetic, which gives it a +75% damage bonus vs armor/shields.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Soma requires too much ammo, it could take over a clip to kill one enemy easily. Lanka might take a clip too, but has 7 more remaining.

Also, Lanka (and synapse, really any electric weapon) being electric is a huge buff, because of the fact it can become corrosive/magnetic, which gives it a +75% damage bonus vs armor/shields.

No it wouldn't considering that it's got tiny base dps. Anyway please keep on topic...

DPS means nothing. later on it's all about how much per shot. If you use up all your ammo on one enemy with the soma, what good it is?

Then don't even mention weapons with horrible ammo efficiency like the synapse... oh and ammo refills :P.

Edited by 2Fat2Kill2

Again, lanka has better damage per shot (and I was mentioning synapse as it's electric too, electric weapons got an indirect buff because of damage 2.0)

Not really... and lanka uses sniper ammo and is non AI. Just take the numbers I've provided earlier, given they're max AI damage prior to update 11 and work off there.

Guest Shibboleet

Just did a defense and was hitting for 110k headshots with the vectis. This is no primed chamber nor heavy cal. I doubt a soma could pull close those numbers even with a weakness effect; dps wise even.

Guest Shibboleet

Just found out my friend was hitting for 580k with his vectis, though he had primed chamber and better weakness type =)

zoaryp.jpg

Edited by Shibboleet

if it only gets you stunlocked until you die, why people use it :)?

Well, it's still better than wasting revives. Whoever thought limiting revives to 4 and selling them for plats was a good idea... may he suffer greatly in f2p hell. When you get to the point you're getting stunlocked every now and then, or to the point that you're in an endless cycle of it, you know your work is done there :P

It has such pretty colours too, that's another reason.

JPJw571.jpg

[size=2]I was quite looking forward to using the weakest WFs and ridiculously awful mods with the help of R+QT, like Maglev or Heavy Impact or whatever. Now I'm doomed to waste all my slots and use the couple of same old survival mods™ and the very few "good WFs" all the time to survive :/ oh well, just gotta wait for DE to fix their game I suppose.[/size]